COVID-19: Allbirds requires all US-based Corporate employees who enter an Allbirds-owned or operated Corporate facility to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or valid medical reasons.
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
What does the job entail?
- Responsible for owning entire data infrastructure, from development to support
- Help make key decisions on the technologies and tools we buy or build (ex. Redshift vs BigQuery vs Snowflake vs Hadoop, etc.)
- Engineer robust architectures to ensure near zero downtime for company-critical ETLs
- Write code for all parts of our data infrastructure. This is a hands-on role
- Work closely with Marketing, Supply Chain, Analytics and others to define data requirements
- Design and implement data models using Cloud data warehouse best practices
- Implement rigorous code reviews and testing guidelines to ensure that we have a world-class codebase that stands the test of time
- Create and improve our CI/CD pipeline to enable our high developer productivity
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You are obsessed with building high quality, performant, and resilient systems
- You are versed in data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices, including performance tuning techniques
- You have experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technologies or have the aptitude to quickly learn them
- You are curious and are motivated to explore new technologies on your own
- You have strong opinions and can communicate them well. However, you also listen all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it
- You start by fully understanding the problem first and then work your way into the right solution
- You’re curious about new technologies and business problems. You will be jumping in deep into a new territory for the business, and you have a strong hunger to learn along with us
- You’re customer-focused: You start by fully understanding the problem first and then work your way into the right solution
More practical skills needed:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- 2 years of experience working with cloud databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift or similar
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and its usage for data processing, making API calls etc.
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technologies or have the aptitude to quickly learn them
- 3 years of experience creating and maintaining ETLs, building data models, designing and maintaining data warehouse
- Experience creating reports/dashboards using data visualization tools like Looker and Tableau is a plus
- Nice to have: Experience with data governance, master data management
- Nice to have: Experience with DBT / Fivetran /Rudderstack
- Nice to have: experience with DAG orchestration
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Something looks off?