Distribution Center (DC) Equipment Operator
Whitestown, IN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives, and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity, and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks, and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun, and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There’s No “I” In Run, and Keep Moving. If you’re on our team, it means your part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Brooks is looking for talented, motivated and driven equipment operators to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for you if you are safety-conscious, hard-working and want to excel in a warehouse environment. As a Brooks DC Equipment Operator, you’ll work primarily on material handling equipment in many functions within a warehouse environment. You will report directly to a home department on a daily basis and will be expected to have flexibility to support other departments as work volumes change. This physical, multi-faceted role provides opportunities to learn about various warehouse processes while working with a team of people that truly care about the Brooks brand and the values they stand for.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Operate Material Handling Equipment ie. swing reach truck, forklifts, stock pickers, and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment.
- Scan units, cartons, pallets, and location labels using an electronic RF scanner.
- Read work instructions or receive verbal instructions to determine task assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Load and unload trailers for inbound and outbound processes.
- Comply with all safety & FTZ (Foreign Trade Zone) requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Communicate with associates from other shifts in a respectful and collaborative manner
- Open and close dock doors for inbound and outbound processes to ensure FTZ compliance.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks within your department.
- Accurately match numbers & letters for all instances where an RF scanner needs to systematically move product within the DC.
- Job responsibilities may include the following where applicable:
- Conduct timely and accurate receipt on inbound product (includes offloading and put away).
- Accurately and efficiently restock customer returns from external vendors.
- Accurately and efficiently pick merchandise (footwear, apparel, and accessories) and transport to appropriate destinations around the distribution center.
- Accurately and efficiently perform VAS (value added services) to product as required by our customers.
- Accurately and efficiently pack units for customer orders in multiple areas of the DC (Putwalls, Put-to-Light, Singles, Full-case, etc.).
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by DC Lead and/or DC Supervisor.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum of 1-year warehousing or material-handling equipment experience (ie, stock picker, walkie rider, swing reach, etc.), required
- Minimum of 1-year experience using typical warehouse processing equipment (eg: scan guns, RF scanners, etc.), required
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. frequently, 40 lbs. occasionally, and 50 lbs. seldomly
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear, required
- Maintain personal grooming and wear clothing appropriate for a distribution center
- Ability to frequently sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, required
- Ability to work in limited climate controlled conditions, required
- Ability to work a regular work schedule and flexible work schedule when needed; overtime when necessary during the scheduled workweek, weekends and holidays when work volume dictates the need, required
- Ability to work independently, provide first-rate customer service, exercise flexibility when asked to transition into other tasks, demonstrate effective organizational and multi-tasking skills, and demonstrate excellent time management skills, required
- Ability to work effectively with others, build and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with co-workers, and maintain a calm demeanor in stressful situations, required
- Adherence to the DC Attendance Policy is an essential component of the job
- Ability to embrace and live Brooks’ values!
- The physical demands and other essential functions described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives, and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Play as a Team, Compete Every Day, Demonstrate Integrity, Have Fun and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. Brooks will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.