Footwear Merchandising Specialist EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As a Footwear Merchandising Specialist, you will play a key role in the success of Brooks Footwear throughout the EMEA region. You will be responsible for data and sample management, analyzing sales figures and understanding consumer and market trends. Your analysis will provide insights to deliver the best footwear assortments for Europe, Middle East and Africa and provide both consumers and retailers the right product at the right time at the right place.
- Business analytics and market insights:
- Analyze historical sales data to support future decision taking.
- Analyze market research data to understand latest market trends.
- Conduct market research to learn about target consumers, competitors and latest market trends.
- Support the EMEA Go-To-Market process:
- Prepare and maintain documentation for line lists, visual line plans and seasonal product presentations.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and operations to prepare the sell-in and sell-through materials like product videos, workbooks, tech guide and photoshoots.
- Prepare and manage the footwear samples to be used at GTM and any other event.
- Support merchandising for key accounts:
- Work on key accounts specific product assortments.
- Pre-line future collection with Key accounts.
- Collect customer feedback.
- Participate in the global Footwear organization:
- Communicate category information to HQ teams in Seattle and the teams in the EMEA region.
- Participate remotely or in-person in all key Footwear meetings during the development process.
- Manage samples and showroom during the season, keeping products organized during different sample stages.
- 2+years’ work experience in a product related role (PLM, Merchandising, Sales).
- Experience working for a global matrixed organization is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the product merchandising process, retail environment and consumer buying habits.
- Strong interest in latest trends happening in the sports and lifestyle market.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to the consumer and the product line.
- Self-starter who will undertake projects on his or her own initiative.
- Strong communication skills for presentation and meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in business English; proficiency in other EU languages is a big plus.
- Ability to work on Microsoft Office tools.
- A passion for Running and an active lifestyle
- Ability to travel up to 15% on a monthly basis across Europe.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities is a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.