Credit & Collection Specialist EMEA.
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As a Credit and Collections Specialist at Brooks, you’ll be a member of our high-performing Finance team. We are looking for a credit control and collection professional to perform the invoice collection and customer risk processes for Brooks in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) region. A motivated and inspirational professional with the ability to support the business and implement credit controls.
In this role you will manage credit control and collections for one or two regions. You will contribute to the success and growth of the company through providing "Simply the Best" customer service at all times. You will further professionalize and optimize credit control and collection through continuous review and monitoring of credit risk and its related processes based on business developments. You will support continuous improvement to our accounting support to the business including the credit process.
- Daily monitoring of accounts on credit hold.
- Working with and managing Buying Group/Associations and member accounts.
- Provide credit reporting to management in EMEA.
- Contact customers regarding past due balances.
- Manage, process and coordinate Credit Invoicing related to Contra-Revenue
- Process new credit applications and approve new accounts. Determine credit worthiness of customers through credit investigation as outlined in the company’s credit policy.
- Frequent reconciliation of accounts receivable activities, resolving discrepancies, unmatched cash or disputed balances.
- Follow up on bad debt issues.
- Implement process improvements to increase efficiencies.
- Closely align with Accounting & Control to ensure accuracy and timeliness of cut off, receivable valuation and related accounts receivable scheduled reports.
- Assist in ad hoc tasks as required by management and cross-functional teams.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrate team spirit skills include flexibility, adaptability, easy-going approach, open to new ideas, collaboration, and a hands-on job approach in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with payment allocations on larger payment platforms is a plus - such as CyberSource, PayPal and large online retailers.
- 2+ years of experience in international (EMEA) credit control and collection within a mid-sized organization (sporting goods/apparel/footwear experience is a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Controlling or a related business field or equivalent education and experience.
- Solid understanding of financial accounting to perform credit risk analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills, capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer focused.
- Highly motivated, focused, and goal oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in making credit decisions.
- Affinity with ERP systems (preferably Infor M3) and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong individual contributor with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also the ability to work and collaborate as part of a team, and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the bigger picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking to improving our processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into details and help out wherever necessary.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Ability to travel occasionally to the Amsterdam office.
- Fluency in Dutch is a desirable asset but not a prerequisite for this position.
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.