Associate Costing Analyst (Footwear)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The primary role of the Associate Costing Analyst is to contribute to Brooks’ footwear costing process, to maintain and update the material pricing information and seasonal product costing in FlexPLM, to assist Senior Costing Analyst to collect and validate seasonal material prices from T2 vendors and subcontractors. This position will make a contribution to Brooks’ overall profitability. The Associate Costing Analyst should have a basic knowledge of Footwear materials and a good sense of numbers and strong analytical, organization, and effective communication skills in English and local language.
· Ensure that all FOBs of each milestone stage are loaded into FlexPLM system; on time, accurately, and fully approved in line with costing deadlines.
· Ensure that all materials price list, bottom price list, CBDs, etc., are uploaded into SharePoint.
· Support end to end costing requirements in sample development stage, cost approvals, effective pricing conditions, and miscellaneous requests.
· Assist Senior Costing Analyst to collect material price lists from T2 vendors, compile the material lists and send them to T1 vendors at each key milestone stage through multiple sample development phases.
· Assist Senior Costing Analyst to review and validate material prices and carryover style CBDs on a timely manner.
· Make cost comparison between vendor vs vendors to inform manager’s decisions.
· Develop a working knowledge of materials and costing to review new style cost breakdown sheets (CBDs).
· Participate in weekly meetings at factory locations to be aware of and analyze cost impact of potential changes.
· Ensure all costing timelines are met in full, from the development throughout final stage.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Work closely with the material team and keep eyes on any material design & composition change and check how the cost impact about it from vendors.
· Increase awareness and understanding of cost drivers of materials.
· Maintain/update seasonal costing handbook.
· Update seasonal learnings and seasonal cost savings.
· Bachelor's degree with a focus in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management, Finance/Accounting or related field.
· Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in footwear development, engineering, manufacturing, and/or material costing.
· Knowledge of footwear materials & construction and manufacturing processes and costing including strong understanding of cost drivers.
· Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a team.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills – especially negotiation skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in both local language and English.
· Intermediate proficiency using MS Excel and Basic proficiency with MS PowerPoint.
· Willing to travel when necessary.
· Ability to work professionally and efficiently with all key departments including Global Material team, Asia/US Development, IE, Commercialization, Production, and QA.
· Must align strongly with Brooks corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have integrity, and Be Active, Have Fun
Reports to: Senior Costing Analyst - Vietnam
Position Class: Exempt, Salaried
Position Location: Vietnam
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.