Technical Representative - Mid-South of the NL occasionally Belgium (Dutch Speaker)
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Brooks Technical Representative will execute the field support strategy in all distribution channels located within their respective territory to increase market share, amplify Brooks’ product leadership, and create recognition, awareness, and loyalty for the brand. We are also firm believers in grass roots events and as such have a seasonal events schedule in place. You will be responsible for delivering our Brooks spirit at events in your territory alongside being part of our collective team for our interregional events.
- Lead the overall field support efforts for Brooks at both Specialty Running Accounts (SRA) and Non-Specialty accounts located within the territory.
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams with product launches, in-store merchandising, and innovative grassroots programs and events at all accounts.
- Manage implementation of POS program in a timely, consistent, and true to brand fashion.
- Work with Sales and Marketing on the success of sell-thru programs/in-store promotions; all Tech Reps are accountable for an established sell-thru number for a pre-determined store base within their respective territory.
- Play active role on Brooks’ Social Media channels and support Marketing with community management (Strava, Instagram).
- Educate and motivate the retailer, consumer, and all key points of contact about Brooks technology and product leadership via product (online) seminars and clinics.
- Work the sales floor at accounts as assigned – be an expert at driving product sell-thru in all channels.
- Responsible for representing Brooks at running events and expos -- including branding, set-up, breakdown, distribution of collateral, interaction with consumers and product trial.
- Provide feedback and analysis via bi-weekly field reports to measure effectiveness of product initiatives and sales strategies; identify new opportunities for growth within or outside the running industry.
- It is essential to work closely with your respective sales rep to highlight any issues/challenges/successes.
- Be the eyes and ears of the brand and communicate our brand positioning, competitors, and potential competitor’s activity.
- Maintain appearance of leased company vehicle and all Brooks equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/Sales/Retail Management preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of retail, marketing or sales experience within the sports industry preferred.
- Highly motivated and energetic with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written (business) communication skills in Dutch and English, French is a big plus.
- Very strong presentation skills.
- Ability to execute a wide variety of tasks and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and excellent written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company. Works well independently, as well as within a team.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities is a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Basic knowledge of retail math, inventory management, product merchandising and retail selling skills.
- Knowledge of performance athletic footwear/apparel/accessories and their related technologies.
- Knowledge of the biomechanics of human motion; understanding of injury prevention basics.
- Understanding of the territory’s local running community (events, clubs, coaches, specialty retailers).
- Extensive travel required; able and willing to work weekends and extended hours as required.
- Must show proof of good driving record upon request.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.