Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The primary role of the Costing Analyst is to contribute to Brooks’ footwear costing process to provide on-time, accurate, and reliable costing information on multiple products/seasons at the same time and to negotiate and/or implement cost saving programs. This position will play a significant role in Brooks’ overall profitability. The Costing Analyst will analyze and audit factory cost sheets for accuracy and negotiate cost improvements model-by-model and overall for the assigned product categories. The Costing Analyst must be familiar with the footwear manufacturing and sourcing process and have a track record of successful negotiations and strong analytical, organization, and effective communication skills in English and local language.
· Manage cost sheets for all Brooks footwear products across all products and seasons ensuring on time and accurate costing at each stage of development
· Work closely with factories and vendors to ensure they are providing accurate and transparent costing sheets on a timely manner – audit cost sheets for inaccuracies and inconsistencies
· Identify opportunities for significant cost improvements for specific products and across product lines to provide cost saving suggestions to Asia and US Developers to enable better decision making
· Ensure all costing timelines are met in full, across the development process
· Provide costing feedback and inputs into the design of new products and materials
· Identify key cost drivers and keep management informed of potential impacts
· Identify potential improvements in the costing process and standardize across factory partners and vendors including challenging existing costing standards & policies and strives for continuous improvement
· Increase awareness and understanding of cost drivers of footwear development and production across footwear team
· Help develop costing tools for development teams to identify costing tradeoffs and enable better decision making by developers
· Analyze costing impact related to manufacturing productivity and efficiencies
· Achieve competitive and transparent prices that optimize profits for the company
· Actively participate in determining product costing direction and strategy
· Develop strong partnerships with factory and key vendor costing teams
· Work closely with Asia development and commercialization teams to understand shoe constructions and identify cost saving opportunities
· Participate in weekly meetings at factory locations to be aware of and analyze cost impact of potential changes
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree with a focus in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management, Finance/Accounting or related field
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in footwear development, engineering, manufacturing, and/or costing. 3+ year of costing experience required with track record of significant costing improvements
· Knowledge of footwear construction and manufacturing processes and costing including strong understanding of cost drivers
· Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
· Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a team
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills – especially negotiation skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in both local language and English.
· Intermediate proficiency using MS Excel and Basic proficiency with MS PowerPoint
· Willing to travel when necessary
· Ability to work professionally and efficiently with all key departments including US development, Asia Development, Commercialization, Production, and QA
· Must align strongly with Brooks corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have integrity, and Be Active, Have Fun
Reports to: Costing Manager&Senior Costing Analyst - Asia
Position Class: Exempt, Salaried
Position Location: Vietnam
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.