Brooks Running Company
IT, Accounting & Finance
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2023
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Financial Analyst will provide business support to multiple teams across the organization, partnering with business leaders to understand and guide the business and support decision-making. Key activities include quarterly forecasting, monthly reporting & analysis, and business case development. This position will also contribute to special projects, typically involving financial analysis and research of business issues to provide management with financial insights, and act as a thought partner to support resource allocation decisions and drive corporate growth and profitability.
- Drive profitability by partnering with leaders from multiple functional areas to develop the quarterly rolling forecast for revenue, gross margin, and operating expenses.
- Partner closely with assigned functional groups to ensure efficient execution against forecast commitments and provide monthly financial analysis to leadership demonstrating progress toward plans and identifying course corrections as necessary.
- Develop financial analysis and valuation models to support strategic investment decisions regarding activities such as new product development, supply chain evolution, and technology solutions.
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of automated forecasting and reporting systems, leveraging the Workday Adaptive Planning platform.
- Be a key player in planning and execution of operational cost analysis to enhance profitability and improve process efficiency.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and support special projects as required by leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Prepare sensitive and confidential analysis and manage sensitivity of information accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Proactive and detail-oriented with a proven track record of fostering relationships across functions and levels.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture. Able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable strategic recommendations.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate business strategy or initiatives into financial models and/or in-depth analysis
- Strong proficiency in Excel; Workday Adaptive Planning experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Understanding and curiosity around the idea that a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products, or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
The pay range for this position, based out of the Brooks Seattle HQ, is $71,862 - $107,793 per year. Base pay offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Brooks is proud to offer a robust benefits package to our employees and their families!
Benefits- including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, HSA and employer contribution, FSA, family & fertility assistance, 401K Savings Plan and match, employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Paid Time Off- Brooks offers generous time off including three to five weeks of paid time off, eleven paid holidays, paid sick and parental leave.
Bonus- in addition to base pay, Brooks employees may also be offered an annual bonus based on company performance.
Perks- including product discounts, a home office stipend, employee recognition, fitness discounts, volunteer and donation benefits.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.
See more open positions at Brooks Running Company
Something looks off?