Logistics Coordinator EMEA - German Speaker
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As the Logistics Coordinator EMEA at Brooks you monitor and coordinate the day-to-day operations and related transportation activities to support global logistics and distribution for Brooks product in relation to Distribution business. You will assist our EMEA Logistics team with activities that include: PO vendor exception management, EMEA shipment and document processing, export shipment processing, import delivery coordination, global footwear & apparel sample programs, payment approval & bank letter of credit processing and shipping documentation.
You will work with Brooks Logistics, US Trade Compliance, Distribution, Finance, Footwear & Apparel operations, and Distributors to support global supply chain execution.
- Monitor the international transportation including domestic inbound delivery to the EMEA distribution center and other domestic locations for Brooks purchase orders for Distribution Customers.
- Coordinate foreign to foreign transportation for EMEA Brooks customer orders for the Distribution customers.
- Support administration of global footwear and apparel sample programs for Distributors.
- Process third country export shipments Ex-EMEA including coordination with internal and external parties, booking arrangement, documentation, delivery, and bonded warehouse documentation follow up for orders to destinations worldwide for Distribution business.
- Back up contact for all CEP (Courier-Express-Parcel) service-related issues at EMEA Operations department.
- Assist the Logistics Specialists by auditing freight invoices and other related bills from logistics service providers.
- Review and approve vendor and international distributor invoices in GT Nexus.
- Maintain standard operating procedures, work manuals, vendor guides and general Logistics procedure documentation.
- Compile data and maintain benchmarking reports for performance measurements and quality management.
- Support the Logistics specialist on coordinating international transportation and on shipment operations and document coordination as needed.
- Support the Logistics team by compiling reports from M3.
- Assist the Logistics team on special projects and perform other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in supply chain, international studies or business), or equivalent experience in related fields (Speditions- Industrie- oder Groß-und Außenhandels Kaufmann).
- 3+ years of work experience or equivalent background in international trade, logistics and transportation.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc.), required.
- Fluency in German and English (mandatory), other European language skills are a plus.
- Understanding and experience operating as a EMEA bonded warehouse, a plus.
- Basic knowledge of incoterms 2020, harmonized tariff and international trade rules.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and make effective decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication, required.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another, required.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots,” required.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary, required.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.