Brooks Running Company
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As Paralegal, you will provide day-to-day support to the VP of Legal and the entire Legal team. You will act as a liaison between in-house attorneys, outside counsel, organizations, and internal employees, providing litigation support, fraud reporting and prevention, as well as routine clerical and administrative duties. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required.
- Maintain and organize various filing and workflow systems including repository of corporate governance documents, Legal’s shared inbox and calendar, Legal’s intranet page(s), and Legal’s library of standard operating procedures
- Assist with administration of Lexion (contract repository and workflow application): intake, data integrity, signatures, and tagging/filing executed contracts
- Inform and educate internal teams to meet legal requirements, coach them through contract and general legal processes
- Coordinate cross-functionally with fraud team, US and EMEA marketing teams, data analytics team, and third-party sub processors to timely address data subject access requests from consumers
- Coordinate cross-functionally with regional leaders, Runner Experience, eCommerce, and Sales teams to timely report, research, and track fraudulent web sites, maintaining the integrity of our global websites and preventing fraud
- Oversee, negotiate, or comply with subpoenas, executing the steps with attorney oversight; notify stakeholders, and work with corresponding department and attorneys to meet legal requirements and/or modify the scope as appropriate
- Support litigation by gathering and organizing evidence and litigation discovery responses; coordinate with attorneys to track/issue/end legal holds
- Coordinate with attorneys to collect monthly accruals from all active law firms
- Own vendor set up process for legal team and collect signatures on engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines
- Compose, edit, and proofread a variety of correspondence, memos, and presentations
- Organize and manage the legal dashboard projects: collecting data and delivering timely drafts to VP Legal
- Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as data entry, gathering signatures and handling meeting logistics (room reservations, ordering food as needed, and set up/clean up)
- Assist the VP of Legal with scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience preferred
- 3 years relevant legal experience including litigation
- Engage internal/external contacts with initiative and poise; develop and maintain strong working relationships with all
- Advanced level skills in Power Point, Visio, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and respect within the organization
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to organize projects and execute work with minimal direction
- Extremely detail-focused and able to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
The pay range for this position, based out of the Brooks Seattle HQ, is $71,862 - $107,793 per year. Base pay offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Brooks is proud to offer a robust benefits package to our employees and their families!
Benefits- including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, HSA and employer contribution, FSA, family & fertility assistance, 401K Savings Plan and match, employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Paid Time Off- Brooks offers generous time off including three to five weeks of paid time off, eleven paid holidays, paid sick and parental leave.
Bonus- in addition to base pay, Brooks employees may also be offered an annual bonus based on company performance.
Perks- including product discounts, a home office stipend, employee recognition, fitness discounts, volunteer and donation benefits.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.
See more open positions at Brooks Running Company
Something looks off?