Marketing Intern Benelux (Dutch speaker)
Brooks Running Company
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile.
We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks, and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable.
Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Working in the Benelux Marketing team is dynamic and fun! We strive to go the extra mile, and we are dedicated to the work we do. In your role as a marketing intern, you will be an essential team member and support our Marketing Specialist with a diverse range of activities throughout the different marketing channels, such as Social Media, PR & Influencer Marketing, Retail Marketing and Events.
This internship provides a great opportunity for an ambitious student to get an understanding of marketing and communication activities in a fast-growing organization, in an international setting (you will be working from our European Head office). We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced, and diverse environment and who aspires to continue to work in Marketing after graduation.
Please be advised that this internship is open for registered students only. With a preference for students who are in the graduating stage of their program.
Start Date: we are looking for someone to start as of mid July 2023 (6 months or longer)
- Assisting the Marketing Specialist in the executing of core marketing plan & seasonal launch plans.
- Support local Event strategy & execution.
- Online community management on our local digital channels.
- Assist with management of our local Influencer Team.
- Collect and align on retail reporting from Key Account retail partners.
- Assistance on reporting on marketplace trends and innovation.
- Order management for PR, Influencer and Retail seeding.
- General admin support.
- Bachelor’s or master’s student in business studies and/or (sports) marketing.
- High energy personality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Creative in developing and executing ideas.
- Ability to proactively take initiative.
- The ability to work with deadlines and effectively multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Proficiency in French language is a plus.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
- In possession of a driver’s license.
- A passion for an active lifestyle.
What we offer:
- Internship for a minimum period of 6 months, full-time.
- Possibility to work from home 1-2 days per week.
- Fixed allowance of € 450, - per month.
- Be part of a great, fun team of highly dedicated professionals.
- Work at a historic landmark location in Amsterdam with great access to all public transportation.
- Bootcamp once a week and Fun Runs and team activities throughout the week.
- Opportunity to buy our fantastic running gear at reduced prices.
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
See more open positions at Brooks Running Company
Something looks off?