Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Program Manager
POSITION: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) - Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
LOCATION: Remote, Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 - $70,000 per year
Camber is a nonprofit organization that delivers systemic and scalable workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) resources and industry-wide results across the $689 billion Outdoor Industry that represents more than 7.6 million jobs. Camber Partners with a community of corporations, nonprofits and small businesses committed to accelerating workplace change by creating inclusive cultures, implementing equitable systems, and attracting a diversity of talent to their workplaces.
We are seeking a strategic and collaborative Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager who has empathy, humility, and humor; to maximize the effectiveness and impact of our programs.
The DEI Program Manager will collaborate with the Director of Programs on Strategy Development, Program Management, and Cross-Program Collaboration, work with a high-performance team, and be part of a great, inclusive workplace culture.
- Co-develop and co-implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Co-identify and support opportunities to enhance cross-programmatic work.
- Using the program dashboard and employee activation reports; co-establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability.
- Work with staff to co-develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for programs.
- Participate in the co-creation of and co-lead implementation of Camber’s programmatic vision for current programs and strategies, including, but not limited to: Mentoring Programs, Internship Program, Building Blocks of DEI, Diverse Talent Pipeline, and more.
- Work with staff and contractors to co-develop clear goals and priorities, and support them in achieving or exceeding them.
- Serve as a mentor and sounding board to staff and contractors; maintain an “open door policy” encouraging input and feedback.
- Cultivate existing relationships with Camber corporate members with the goal of ensuring activation across all Camber programs.
- Model a tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
- Help co-identify, co-screen, and co-assess new projects and ideas for programmatic activities.
- Co-partner with the development team as needed to:
- Design and implement programming that meets the needs of Camber Partners.
- Elevate Camber’s overall messaging and communications about Camber’s programs.
- Successfully bring revenue into Camber to fund programs.
- Participate in budget development.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with program management experience to grow and further develop proven programs. Specific requirements include:
- At least two years of experience in a program management role.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Camber’s mission.
- Proven success working as part of a team and employing project management tools that ensure program and team effectiveness and efficiency and inform overall strategy. This should include partnering with other teams, such as Development and Communications, to integrate those functions into program activities.
- Work style that helps individuals succeed, equips teams to achieve more than the sum of their parts, supports and facilitates professional change and growth in teammates, and ensures achievement of program objections.
- Experience facilitating group discussions and processes that value each person’s expertise and important contributions to decisions/discussions.
- A track record of planning and executing multiple tactics for successful program or campaign outcomes in the non-profit sector.
- Demonstrated commitment to and ability to actively promote DEI and experience communicating with and coordinating diverse groups within a multicultural workforce.
- Demonstrated commitment to intersectionality in priority-setting, program design, and communication.
- Shared vision that companies should have up-to-date resources for their DEI initiatives.
- Shared vision that a progressive non-profit can successfully partner with businesses whose leaders share our values.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- An open mind and a growth mindset, with a proven track record of being highly creative and resourceful.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and partnership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both in speech and writing.
- Competency in the use of a variety of technical platforms.
- Background or experience in workplace DEI work is a plus.
- Strong public speaking ability.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com