Associate General Counsel, The Kinetic Group
CamelBak Products LLC
The Kinetic Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of small caliber ammunition under the iconic brands Remington, Federal Premium, CCI, Speer and Hevi-Shot. We have domestic ammunition manufacturing facilities in Minnesota, Idaho, Arkansas, and Oregon, and service law enforcement, government agencies and sporting enthusiasts throughout the world. Today, The Kinetic Group is an operating segment of Vista Outdoor Inc., but as recently announced will soon merge with a private multi-national company with a diverse portfolio of companies in the defense, security, automotive, aviation and rail industries.
The Associate General Counsel position will have responsibility for a wide variety of general legal matters affecting the company, with a strong emphasis on intellectual property (IP) matters. The successful candidate requires a strong background in developing and managing IP legal strategy, ideally as in-house counsel for a company in the CPG space. Other general legal experience is strongly desired, but more important is the candidate’s demonstrated ability to develop pragmatic business solutions to legal problems, strong communication and collaboration skills, and a commitment to innovation and process improvement.
This position reports to the General Counsel and is based out of our Anoka, Minnesota office.
As the Associate General Counsel, you will have an opportunity to:
- Develop and manage the company’s overall intellectual property strategy, including patent and trademark prosecution, licensing, and enforcement.
- Work collaboratively with internal R&D, marketing and product management teams, as well as external counsel and other service providers.
- Support the Company’s general legal needs, including commercial and government contracts, advertising, regulatory compliance, international product distribution and litigation management.
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and others as needed.
- Interact with other attorneys and clients in a broad range of legal counseling activities.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Provide training to the company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics.
- May manage internal non-lawyer professionals.
You must have:
- J.D. from a U.S. accredited law school.
- Active bar membership in Minnesota, or at least one U.S. jurisdiction with the ability to waive in the Minnesota bar.
- 8+ years of legal experience, ideally from a combination of law firm and corporate legal departments.
- A strong background in intellectual property law, including managing outside counsel and developing or implementing IP strategy.
- Experience with acquiring, licensing and co-developing patented and unpatented intellectual property from inventors.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to creatively identify practical business solutions.
- A thorough enjoyment for understanding and working closely with the business.
- Excellent business acumen, an outgoing personality, and the ability to work independently.
- Display a clear passion for the Kinetic Group lifestyle and its brands; a personal or professional passion for the outdoor industry, specifically in the hunt/shoot industry, is strongly desired.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, coordinate, and satisfy numerous competing demands.
- Demonstrated skills in client management and the ability to communicate effectively and develop strong working relationships with senior management and business colleagues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and collegiality.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
You might have:
- Broad expertise in all aspects of corporate and commercial law within a large consumer products environment.
- Experience managing employees.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled