*POSITION FILLED* Marketing Internship - January 2023, Paid Stipend, Remote Optional
Marketing Internship Description
Location: Remote (in the U.S.)
Timing: Internship will begin January 2023 with (1-2 weeks) training, concluding no earlier than June 2023, with an option to extend through the Summer and into the Fall semester.
About College Outside:
Each year, over a million students are introduced to the outdoors through outdoor education programs! College Outside exists to support the field of outdoor education by making it easy for groups to buy quality outdoor equipment, reducing the barriers for new outdoor adventurers to safely learn new skills. We believe when participants have a positive outdoor experience, they connect with themselves and nature in a way that can fundamentally change their lives for the better. We work to support this vision daily.
The coveted College Outside internship program picks 4-6 outstanding student leaders to learn and grow on our team each semester. We believe that interns should be learning as much as they are working. Interns have the unique opportunity to actually contribute to the overall mission of College Outside (this is not a “coffee-getting” internship) and work directly with the founder and directors of the company. Our highly-connected founder will work with successful interns to help place them in future internship or job opportunities. Past College Outside interns have gone to work at Outside Magazine, Black Diamond, the Access Fund, USA Climbing, Outdoor Research, Google, and so much more.
If this mission and our company values resonate with you and could fuel your work, check out the internship below.
Internship Description Description–how this role supports our mission:
Do you love talking about gear? Are you interested in working with some of the outdoor industry’s top brands? The Marketing & Communications Intern at College Outside is an enthusiastic, creative member of the Marketing Team. The Marketing Team works to communicate the messages of the brands we work with to our engaged College Outside community. This process can include creating original email campaigns, perfecting copy for our website, and continually researching new ways to bring brand awareness to our audience of student trip leaders and group coordinators.
The ideal candidate for this position is a tech-savvy, highly organized, over-communicator with a keen attention to detail.
- Laptop and access to consistent/strong wifi
- Ability to work approximately 12-15 hours weekly in addition to weekly meetings
- Understanding and passion for core outdoor activities & lingo
- Clear communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively remotely
- Internship will begin January 2023 with (1-2 weeks) training, concluding no earlier than June 2023, with an option to extend through Summer and into the Fall Semester.
- Comfortable using digital design platforms such as Adobe Suite or Canva
- Comfortable with email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp
- Knowledge of basic social media practices
- Comfortable working in website design platforms such as WordPress or Nexternal
- Tech-savvy. Working and communicating on your computer and phone comes second nature.
- Some basic tech understanding of scripts, code etc (preferred but definitely not required!)
Compensation and Perks:
- Starting $300 semesterly stipend
- Employee pricing on College Outside’s retail site
- Free attendance at our flagship intercollegiate events
- Access to occasional free gear/swag/events
- One-on-one mentoring from our Marketing Manager on skill development, how to market yourself for future opportunities, and more
- Personal introductions to future internships and job opportunities from our founder Sarah
How to apply:
- Read this job description and make sure the job’s for you!
- Fill out our Application Form.
- Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews.