*POSITION FILLED* Product Specialist Internship - January 2023, Paid Stipend, Remote Optional
Product Specialist Internship Description
Timing: Internship will begin January 2023 with (1-2 weeks) training, concluding no earlier than June 2023, with an option to extend through the Summer and into the Fall semester.
About College Outside:
Each year, over a million students are introduced to the outdoors through outdoor education programs! College Outside exists to support the field of outdoor education by making it easy for groups to buy quality outdoor equipment, reducing the barriers for new outdoor adventurers to safely learn new skills. We believe when participants have a positive outdoor experience, they connect with themselves and nature in a way that can fundamentally change their lives for the better. We work to support this vision daily.
The coveted College Outside internship program picks 4-6 outstanding student leaders to learn and grow on our team each semester. We believe that interns should be learning as much as they are working. Interns have the unique opportunity to actually contribute to the overall mission of College Outside (this is not a “coffee-getting” internship) and work directly with the founder and directors of the company. Our highly-connected founder will work with successful interns to help place them in future internship or job opportunities. Past College Outside interns have gone to work at Outside Magazine, Black Diamond, the Access Fund, USA Climbing, Outdoor Research, Google, and so much more.
If this mission and our company values resonate with you and could fuel your work, check out the internship below.
Internship Description Description–how this role supports our mission:
Do you love slaying powder and crushing excel formulas? Do you love nerding out over the newest waterproof technology? The Product Specialist Intern at College Outside is an enthusiastic, detail-oriented member of the Product Team. The Product Team works to create and maintain the product pages on the e-commerce site. This process can include adding gear from a new brand, updating existing product pages to include new features, and improving the flow of the site to make an efficient shopping experience for Group Coordinators and Outdoor Leaders.
The ideal candidate for this position is a tech-savvy, highly organized, over-communicator with a drive for efficiency.
- Laptop and access to consistent/strong wifi
- Ability to work approximately 12-15 hours weekly in addition to weekly meetings
- Understanding and passion for core outdoor activities & lingo
- Very comfortable with excel formulas and data manipulation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively remotely
- Internship will begin January 2023 with (1-2 weeks) training, concluding no earlier than June 2023, with an option to extend through Summer and into the Fall Semester.
- Comfortable using G-suite, Dropbox, and Slack
- Comfortable with large data manipulation and management
- Tech-savvy. Working and communicating on your computer and phone comes second nature.
- Some basic tech understanding of scripts, code etc (preferred but definitely not required!)
Compensation and Perks:
- Starting $300 semesterly stipend
- Employee pricing on College Outside’s retail site
- Free attendance at our flagship intercollegiate events
- Access to occasional free gear/swag/events
- Personal introductions to future internships and job opportunities from our founder Sarah
How to apply:
- Read this job description and make sure the job’s for you!
- Fill out our Application Form.
- Applications will be reviewed immediately and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews.