Strategic Partnerships Officer
With a dedicated staff, fast growing annual revnue, and a committed Board of Directors, Friedns of CAIC is positioned to expand its impact. We are looking for an experienced fundraising professional to join our team as our Strategic Partnerships Officer. This position will lead the evolution of Friends of CAIC's partnerships and will drive the organization to the next level. This position requires a strong passion for avalanche safety and the desire to work for an organization that seeks to grow the Colorado Avalanche Inforamtion Center's program of avalanche forecasting and education. The Strategic Parnerships Officer will design and lead Friends of CAIC's brand partnership model. They will be responsible for brand engagement, prospecting, cultivation, stewardship, communication, and issue resolution.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the updating and implementation of the organization's corporate partnership strategy.
- Increase corporate support while driving mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Prepare and present partnership opportunities to corporate partners aligning the Friends of CAIC strategic plan with each corporation’s impact strategies.
- Manages a portfolio of existing and new accounts, creating programs to deepen and strengthen relationships.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Manager to maximize outreach, growth, and activation strategies.
- Support and leverage relationships with the Friends of CAIC board of directors.
- Identify, recruit, and engage partners outside of the outdoor industry.
- Interact with donors, prospective donors, and event attendees.
- Integrate corporate partnerships into our programmatic work.
- Assists with the Friends of CAIC Benefit Bash and other events throughout the State of Colorado.
- Attend annual outdoor trade shows as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must embrace the mission of the Friends of CAIC and the CAIC. Experience in one or more winter recreation fields is preferred.
- B.A. degree with a minimum of 2+ years experience in a development role of a non-profit.
- 2+ years of experience working with major brands in an account management capacity.
- Creativity around crafting partnerships, with a unique ability to develop relationships through outdoor recreation.
- Experience working in and or with large companies or within nonprofit organizations’ partnerships and marketing departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working remotely and independently.
- An open and collaborative work style.
- Comfort with the unpredictable nature of small non-profit organizations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, GSuite, Adobe Acrobat, CRM tools. Knowledge of Bloomerang and Classy preferred.
- Familiarity with fundraising systems, databases and technology to design and execute the partnerships plan.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Strong organizational skills.
Working Conditions and Location:
This is a virtual position, as the Friends of CAIC has no central office. You will need to be able to work both independently while collaborating virtually, thus be comfortable communicating using a variety of modern technologies and web-based platforms.
- This position is a full time, year round position.
- The Strategic Partnerships Officer will work a 40-hour workweek that may include weekends and evenings.
- The location of this position is flexible. However, we prefer the Strategic Partnerships Officer be based along the I70 corridor from the Roaring Fork Valley to Denver.
For more information, click here for the official job posting.