Equipment Operator I/CDL Driver
Jefferson County, Colorado
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Salary: $22.00-$24.53 Apply By09/03/23 DivisionRoad & Bridge Division Management LevelIndividual Contributor Scheduled Weekly Hours40 Benefit EligibilityThis position is eligible for Standard Benefits which includes dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, and tuition reimbursement. DescriptionHiring Range: $22.00-$24.53****Salary is Based on Qualifications****$1,000 new hire bonus payable after 90 days of full-time employment at Road & Bridge Benefits Of Working At Jeffco Road & Bridge
- PPE including Winter Coat, Insulated Bibs & Other Clothing, Hard Hat, Vests, Safety Glasses, Gloves, and Ear Protection
- Reimbursements for Safety Toe Shoes and Prescription Safety Glasses
- Snow Removal Training
- Well Maintained Late Model Equipment & Trucks
- Promotion Opportunities
- 12 Paid Holidays (96 hours) Per Year
- Up to 160 hours Paid Time Off Per Year
- See more details on our Employment Benefits website.
- Perform road maintenance operations, including milling asphalt, repaving roads, filling potholes, applying crack-seal, repairing concrete, street sweeping, maintaining gutters and drainage, gravel road maintenance, and snow removal from county-maintained roadways.
- Ensure roads are clear during snow events by performing snowplow and sweeping operations.
- Safely operate and drive equipment or vehicles while performing construction, maintenance, and other work.
- Perform equipment and vehicle pre/post-trip inspections as defined by federal guidelines and inspect other items affecting safe operations. Perform routine cleaning and minor maintenance, as necessary.
- Inspect and prepare all equipment for use by performing routine maintenance and minor repairs on trucks and equipment, including fueling, cleaning, lubricating, and changing tires. Plan and request maintenance service and repair for specific equipment. Prepare equipment for specific uses by making necessary modifications.
- Respond to emergencies and snow removal operations 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and report to an assigned shop within one hour of being called.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of one-year work-related experience in the operation of equipment and/or vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more.
- Must be at least 18 years old by hire date.
- Valid Driver’s License for 2 consecutive years prior to hire date. If from out of state, must obtain a Colorado Driver’s License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess a valid Class B or A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Air Brake restriction removed as well as a valid Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card at the time of hire.
- Must have Tanker endorsement within 30 days of hire.
- May be required to obtain Flagger, Traffic Control Supervisor, Stormwater Management, and/or Erosion Control certifications. May be required to obtain a Class A CDL or a Hazmat endorsement.
- Respond to emergencies and snow removal operations 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and reportto an assigned shop within one hour of being called.
- Experience with road construction or maintenance
- Experience with asphalt operations
- Experience with public works
- Offer of employment is contingent on passing a criminal history, MVR check, drug screen and physical exam.
- To be considered you must not have any major violations, and no more than one DUI, DWI, DWAI conviction in the past three years.
- Must provide a valid Commercial Driver's License and DOT medical card, and current copy of your full CDLIS Motor Vehicle Record at the time of interview
- Must obtain a Tanker Endorsement within 30 days of hire
- Jefferson County adheres to pre- and post-employment drug testing regulations for positions requiring a CDL. In following Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Jefferson County is required to contact previous employers to obtain information on past alcohol and drug testing.
- ** Please Note : Due to CDL guidelines, we review work experience within the last ten years. Please make sure that you document your past and current job-related experience. If your application does not include work experience from the last ten years, your application may bedisqualifiedor delay the process. **