Animal Control Administrative Specialist
Jefferson County, Colorado
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
The Animal Control Administrative Specialist is responsible for performing complex administrative tasks in support of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) Animal Control Unit, including front desk/reception duties, records management, database maintenance, and producing reports. Answers inbound calls from citizens. Works closely with the Jefferson County Public Health Department (JCPHD), all JCSO divisions, and JeffCom. Apply ByContinuous DivisionSheriff Law Enforcement Division Management LevelIndividual Contributor Scheduled Weekly Hours40 Benefit EligibilityThis position is eligible for Standard Benefits which includes dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, and tuition reimbursement. Description**** Salary Range: $41,641 ($20.02/hr) - $63,363 ($29.64/hr) ****
- Answers all incoming calls giving general information, takes ordinance violation complaints, and takes requests for service for nuisance wildlife and deceased animals.Forwards requests to the appropriate animal control personnel. Enters animal control service calls, correspondence, and documents into the animal control records management system or via JeffCom.
- Receives and uploads witness statements, photographs, videos (could be graphic in nature), etc. to the animal control records management system. Uses CCIC to check history on animal control contacts, runs license plates for address and person identification.
- Performs follow up via telephone to offense reports taken by the animal control officers (ACOs) and writes supplemental reports.
- Monitors the animal control and law enforcement radio channels to dispatch calls, provide information and perform status checks on officers in the field. Monitors computer automated dispatch (CAD) for upcoming calls that may be require an animal control response.
- Provides service to all in-person customers at the animal control office by answering questions, supplying records, accepting fines, and issuing dog licenses. Collaborates with the south and mountain precincts to process dog licensing completed at the sub-stations.
- Performs administration tasks in support of the office. Receives, opens, and routes incoming mail. Maintains office supplies and forms in the animal control work area. Maintains a filing system and routinely purges existing files in the unit as per the sanctioned records retention schedule.
- Processes county credit card payments for office purchases and prepares vouchers for payment. Receives payments for licenses, records and fines and completes financial reconciliation and deposits for the treasurer.
- Monitors kennel inventory and updates animal control records management system with animal dispositions.
- Monitors the Foothills Animal Shelter database for animal bites, dog license information and updates record as needed.
- Coordinates and works with Jefferson County Public Health Department (JCPHD) on cases involving animal bites, rabies exposures and other zoonotic diseases. Arranges specimen transports and follows up on quarantines, rabies boosters and special instructions from the JCPHD.
- Responds during emergency situations to assist officers in the field with communications, call taking, disposition updating, and organizing at the animal control command post. Works in the Emergency Operations Center when required.
- Other duties as assigned.