Child Welfare Therapist
Jefferson County, Colorado
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
Apply By09/17/23 DivisionChildren Youth Family & Adult Protection Division Management LevelIndividual Contributor Scheduled Weekly Hours40 Benefit EligibilityThis position is eligible for Standard Benefits which includes dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, and tuition reimbursement. DescriptionThe therapist is responsible for providing professional treatment services to families with risks of child abuse and neglect or parent and child conflict. Provide the least restrictive form of child placement if necessary. Provide necessary treatment that may include individual, family and therapeutic visitation to children and families. Utilize solution focused therapy techniques to reunify children with families as soon as safely possible.This position provides individualized counseling for each family to develop and monitor treatment to improve their health and well-being. The therapist is required to enter and track meaningful data that assists Jefferson County to identify professional treatment solutions. The ideal candidate will be a solutions-driven professional who loves engaging with families to make their lives better. The position requires dealing with information of a highly sensitive and confidential nature. The candidate helps provide access to services offered by the county systems and community programs otherwise unattainable by client efforts alone. This person must be flexible, a problem-solver, and relentlessly detail-oriented. The candidate must also have the proven ability to move between diverse tasks with ease and must works to create a positive and flexible professional environment.This position requires regular on-site/in-office work, including two evenings per week in support of our clients, however, there is flexibility with the schedule and hours worked as long as the programs needs are met.This position also has the ability to work remotely approximately 50% of the time and will be discussed more during the interview.Target Hiring Range: $68,536.42 - $83,318.57 USD AnnuallyCompensation will be determined based on education, experience and skills.Benefits: Jefferson County offers a generous benefits package that supports your personal and professional life. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, remote work options and more. For more information, click here for our Total Rewards summary. Essential Duties
- Provide necessary therapeutic services to clients within the office as well as in the community by assessing applicable services. Make appropriate referrals for safety purposes. Determine appropriate therapeutic interventions. Provide appropriate resources as needed.
- Use clinical and psychological theory to assess necessary treatment for individuals and families. Apply applicable interventions for treatment for a variety of disorders and addictions. Prepare clinical interventions based on data. Make appropriate referrals based on cases. Develop goals and objectives for clinical treatment plans. Document client’s progress regarding treatment goals.
- Consult with peers regarding client needs and course of action to be taken. Communicate with the clinician based on support and problem-solving needs. Interact with other professionals. Provide expert court testimonies as required. Prepare all required reports for court cases.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, clinical social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy or a related field;
- O ne year of work-related experience such as counseling, clinical social work, psychology, marriage and family therapyAND
- License-eligible or licensed in the State of Colorado (LPC, LCSW, LMFT)
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A true passion for serving and working with people
- Experience communicating with varying levels of audiences (vulnerable population, community partners, or executive team)
- Independent critical thinking and analysis
- Ability to articulate clearly and effectively to varying levels of customer
- Ability to read and interpret statutes and legislation
- Ability to handle potentially emotionally taxing situations with highly emotional individuals
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Understand the extreme need forconfidentialitydue to nature of work
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with highly emotional individuals viaphone and in person
- Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal history, motor vehicle report, education verification, and/or references.
- Please note that supplemental questions requiring a written response will serve as a writing sample.
- County Recruitment Team: 303-271-8400 or email@example.com
- Library Recruitment Team: 303.275.6168 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheriff Recruitment Team: 303.271.5332 or email@example.com