Open Space Real Estate Specialist
Jefferson County, Colorado
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Apply By09/15/23 DivisionOpen Space Division Management LevelIndividual Contributor Scheduled Weekly Hours40 Benefit EligibilityThis position is eligible for Standard Benefits which includes dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, retirement matching, wellness programs, and tuition reimbursement. DescriptionTheOpen Space Real Estate Specialistrole is a great opportunityfor someone who:
- Is detail oriented, especially related to due diligence with land transactions.
- Enjoys working with an experienced and collaborative team.
- Is seeking to work toward the good of their community and environment.
- Providing customer service and responding to inquiries and requests for information from both internal and external customers.
- Conducting research and analysis related to JCOS land, water, and mineral rights interests.
- Reviewing acquisition records, ordering title commitments, survey, environmental inspections, and other due diligence documents associated with existing or potential open space properties.
- Investigating and evaluating options to determine proper solutions in resolving complicated issues that may inhibit the transfer of the real estate.
- Researching County records, preparing value analysis of properties for recommendation of fair market value and terms. Reviewing purchase agreements, easements, leases, and licenses of real property.
- Coordinating and supporting Easement Monitoring, annual tracking reports related to conservation easement agreements. Preparing and maintaining easement files and related database.
- Working with JCOS staff on monitoring and reporting work related to conservation easement interests.
- Maintaining landowner relationships.
- Collaborating with City and Recreation Districts to process property acquisitions, easements, and leases.
- Participating in identifying acquisition criteria and preparing and presenting recommendations to the Leadership team, and the Open Space Advisory Committee.
- Maintaining electronic records and databases. Performing project monitoring, and administrative functions as requested.
- Participating in periodic review of policies and procedures.
- Developing Scope of Work and Statement of Qualifications for the Master Contract process and Professional Consultant reports dealing with real estate due diligence (ESA, Appraisals, and site inspections).
- Other duties as assigned
- Managing land acquisition through financial closing activity.
- Managing client interactions and delivering on time cost effective projects.
- Skills in MS Office and Outlook.
- Knowledge of real property terminology, property valuations and acquisition processes.
- Ability to prepare agreements and contracts relating to real estate acquisition, lease or disposal.
- Skill in identifying problems and in making recommendations.
- Skill in strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret legal descriptions.
- General knowledge of real estate law and terminology to propose settlements, as well as what is acceptable in government real estate .
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- 3 years of work-related experience OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of professional experience with a land trust or governmental organization involved in land conservation, habitat protection
- Experience conducting work with title, value and survey analysis
- Offer of employment contingent on upon successful completion of criminal history, MVR check, education verification and references.
- Please note that supplemental questions requiring a written response will serve as a writing sample.
- County Recruitment Team: 303-271-8400 or email@example.com
- Library Recruitment Team: 303.275.6168 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheriff Recruitment Team: 303.271.5332 or email@example.com