Head of Global Customs & Transport Logistics (all)
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
To ensure reliable, cost efficient, yet sustainable supply of global transportation capacity with minimum customs/duty & tax impact meeting agreed service levels for our fast-growing business.
Do what you love:
- Lead, develop and grow talent in the Customs & Transport team, conduct efficient planning. Train and educate a team of internal and external experts for Customs & Transportation.
- Manages customs & duties requirements and optimizes supply network regarding duty payments in close collaboration with Product Development, Sourcing and Finance & Controlling.
- Verify and release customs tariff numbers.
- Organize and oversee customs preferential documents, ensure customs declaration related to import and export trade regulations.
- Manage Duty & Tax audits and be single point of contact for all Tax & Duty authorities in Europe and steer global collaboration with the Regions in North America and Asia.
- Ensure authorization and contractual regulations related to our Bonded Warehouse facilities are up to date.
- Identify potential and implement measures to further enhance and optimize routes and transportation modes whilst implementing our Corporate Responsibility (Net Zero) targets, enabling differentiated Supply Models for our fast-growing business.
- Prepare, analyze, and negotiate best route and rates (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements) for inbound and outbound flows on a Global level.
- Oversee and monitor Global shipments meet agreed service levels and initiate corrective actions (Control Tower)
- To continuously monitor, check and improve all customs & transportation processes based on agreed Performance KPIs
Play to your strengths:
- Completed apprenticeship in office management with relevant professional experience or studies with focus on logistics
- Experience in a comparable position preferred
- Knowledge in Customs, Transport & Purchase Order Management Systems (i.e. Format, OSCA, ERP)
- Deep knowledge of all relevant import and export regulations of the customs and foreign trade
- Professional experience in the international import and export business
- Solid knowledge of logistical and business management processes
- Initial experience in staff management desirable
- Organisational strength, ability to work in a team and customer orientation
- Confident appearance towards external service providers and internal interfaces
- Confident language skills in German and English
- IT affinity and confidence in the use of MS-Office
Attractive compensation and benefits package:
- 13 month salary divided into vacation and Christmas bonuses
- 30 days vacation
- Contribution to company pension scheme and VWL contracts
- Employee discounts (also for families and friends)
- Access to discount portals
- Possibility of 3 days educational leave
- Flexible working hours
- Employee events
- Exciting and varied activities
- Fast decision making processes
- Internal and external training & coaching
- Modern company equipment with digital orientation
- Intensive training and support
- A familiar atmosphere in a motivated and qualified team