Production Assistant Manager
Production Assistant ManagerAbout the Organization About the Organization
Since 1981, Outdoor Research has been building award-winning outdoor clothing and gear. We stand behind every product we make with the Outdoor Research Infinite Guarantee® warranty. Find out how we were born from our founder Ron Gregg's research-led approach to problem solving, and discover the origins of our first products in Our Story. Discover our roots in U.S. manufacturing, our legacy in Made in the USA tactical gloves, and our response to the COVID-19 pandemic with the development of face masks and medical-grade personal protective equipment in Protection. Learn about our product processes using recycled materials, how we enforce the safety and wellbeing of our workplaces, and our commitment to all people and the planet in Responsibility. Meet some of our community members who work to create safe, accessible, and equitable outdoor spaces in our Community Partnerships and our Ambassadors. We'd be thrilled to have you join the team and find your Career at Outdoor Research.
Outdoor Research Values
Curiosity: We are constantly striving to learn and improve ourselves. In our products, as a brand, as a team, and as individuals.
Passion: We love what we do and take pride in sharing our work with others.
Innovation: We are complex problem solvers.
Collaboration: We are better together.
Community: We embrace the collective impact we can have from our diverse perspectives; on each other, society, and our environment. Position Production Assistant Manager Description
Location: El Monte, California
Rate of pay: $65,000 - $70,000
About this role
We are looking for a Production Assistant Manager. In this role you will lead the factory production teams in all aspects of the business. Ensuring we meet our deliveries on time and at the correct cost to ensure the business is successful. With the support of the engineering, mechanical, and QC teams you will approach all problems with an open mind and work to quickly resolve them. You will maintain very open and honest communication with the teams you lead as well as the structure and business that supports you.
What you will do
- Work with production manager and supervisory team to manage the El Monte sewing factory.
- Quickly identify problems and issues and work to resolve them while maintaining production levels and quality standards. Approaching all problems with an open mind so that all solutions are considered and evaluated.
- Support the hiring, promotion and termination of team members as well as provide feedback against performance metrics.
- Coordinate and lead the support team on shipping, receiving, payroll, benefits administration, raw material and finished good inventory and inline QC.
- Communicate and cooperate with Engineering, Maintenance, and final QA as well as design and development as needed.
What you should bring to the table
- 2-3 years in a sewing factory with a strong understanding of how the business of a factory and a brand works
- Extreme curiosity and interest in how things work paired with strong creativity to improve and solve a challenge.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with an understanding of how to lead and motivate a large and disparate team.
- Proven Honest and open style of communication ensuring that all details, no matter how difficult, are quickly and correctly expressed.
- Handle complex interpersonal relationships and issues fairly, ensuring that both the team members and the company are well represented.
- Ability to positively influence peers and leaders.
- Ability to work in a multilingual environment.
- Ability to model excellent customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the proven ability to explain complex information in easy-to-understand terms.
- Ability to partner across the organization at all levels.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, maintain proper focus and excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- High level of Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
What do we bring to the table?
- 11 paid holidays each year and 3 floating holidays
- Transportation benefits
- PTO and sick/safe time
- Paid volunteer time
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Product discounts
OR supports this commitment with an Affirmative Action Program, which is updated annually. The
objectives of the Affirmative Action Program are to ensure that our team reflects the diversity of our local community. We fully support affirmative action to include women, ethnic minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities throughout our workforce. The OR Affirmative Action Program is available for review by all employees and is maintained in the Human Resources Department.
This position is currently accepting applications.