Outward Bound California seeks a mission-driven marketing and communications specialist who will coordinate and create content for fundraising, outreach, scholarship programs and job recruitment. As a member of the 6 person Advancement Team, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for growing our online audience through email and social media, PR and media coverage, content creation, writing for multiple audiences with a heavy emphasis on donor communications. They will report to the Donor Engagement Manager.
- Partner with Advancement Team to execute the annual Fundraising and Communications Plan
- Coordinate communications, branding and marketing strategy to advance OBCA in the areas of community relations, development, enrollment and outreach
- Stay on top of best practices, current events, and new resources that can inform our current strategy
- Coordinate content, production and publication for digital, print, and social media
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure consistency of messaging, brand voice, and visual identity
- Write clear, concise and compelling content in brand voice for press releases, blogs, events, e-newsletters, websites, social media, and other materials as needed
- Generate digital and social content that engages various audiences for a broader and more connected community
- Curate, interview, and gather student and staff stories for external use
- Manage ongoing website edits and report monthly online traffic to Advancement Team
- Partner with departments to create email marketing campaigns using MailChimp for programs, fundraising, or event purposes—track and report on results
- Organize and tag photo library in Flickr for easy access by organization at large
- Support online ad campaigns, retargeting and audience building
- Production of flyers, business cards, and other collateral as needed
- Support media relations, including developing press releases, pitching stories, and responding to media inquiries
- Identify, recruit, and manage external contractors, such as photographers, videographers, graphic designers, printers, etc.
- As an outdoor education organization staff are required to respond when there are incidents in the field - this can be after regular work hours including weekends. Crisis communications, PR and press management are examples of where this role supports an incident.
- Support major fundraising, alumni, and community events to announce and recruit participants/attendees
- Onsite social media, documenting and photographer/videographer management
- Other event responsibilities as needed
- Oversee and stay within the marketing budget quarterly
- Ensure data integrity in our audience lists in partnership with the Development Coordinator and Program Teams
- Other activities as assigned