At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service and who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals.
Perkins Coie LLP has an opening for a detail-oriented corporate paralegal to work with our busy business group on a wide variety of projects including with the emerging companies’ group.
This position is open to our Palo Alto, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, and Austin offices.
These essential functions are primary job duties that the incumbent must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Entity formation, qualifications, dissolutions, draft board and stockholder consents, resolutions, and minutes.
- Maintenance of corporate records, and option plan administration in Carta and/or Shareworks or other related platforms.
- State and Federal securities research.
- Draft miscellaneous transaction documents.
- Management of transaction closings.
- Diligence production.
- Obtain and analyze information and documentation from clients and third parties, including agents and governmental agencies.
- Prepare and maintain data rooms.
- Keep track of client deadlines.
- Maintain accurate time records.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise discretion and use independent judgment.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly developed attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, and work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Carta, Shareworks, and/or other related platforms.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to assist the team in meeting client demands on accelerated schedules.
- Must be available to work overtime.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to track and record time accurately and timely.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a 4-year degree and 6-plus years experience as a corporate paralegal working with emerging growth companies.
- Law firm experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Delaware corporate law, federal and state securities laws, option plan administration, venture capital finance, and private company strongly preferred.
- Public company filings are a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe, Excel, Google Docs.
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be found here.
This position may be filled in the following location(s). The compensation depends on qualifications and experience.
San Francisco/Bay Area compensation range: $70,280 to $126,490 annually
Los Angeles compensation range: $64,120 to $115,410 annually
Washington State compensation range: $58,080 to $104,540 annually