HUB Administrative Specialist
At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service and who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals.
The Hub Administrative Specialist will primarily provide administrative support for non-legal tasks submitted by the firm’s Legal Practice Assistants on behalf of the timekeepers they are assigned to. In addition, the Specialist will provide project-based support for tasks submitted to the Hub from various customers (LPAs, administrative groups, timekeepers, etc.). As a member of the Shared Services team, the role is part of the firm’s internal service delivery model and will be indirectly supporting the firm’s timekeepers.
In addition, as a member of the Perkins Coie business professional support team, this position is also responsible for promoting and maintaining the goodwill and reputation of the firm. In this capacity, the Specialist is expected to maintain the highest level of professional conduct and confidentiality.
The work schedule is Monday-Friday 12:30 pm - 9 pm Pacific Time.
These essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Provide support for administrative requests submitted to the Hub, initially to include time entry, expense reconciliation, check requests, and submission of new matters via the firm’s PBI database. Support is especially needed in times of peak demand and weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Be a primary resource for time intensive and/or recurring projects that have been assigned to the Hub’s Special Project Team. Such projects may entail data entry, light internet research, and document processing.
- Effectively use operational tools within the Hub, including Outlook, WebEx, iManage, and Service Now (workflow tool) according to established protocols. Adhere to best practices for completing tasks, which may include enhanced utilization of firm software.
- Capture project time and data as required to produce operational reports and metrics.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a centrally managed team.
- Must be able to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects efficiently and simultaneously.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to express oneself effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and with interest/aptitude in using/learning additional applications such as MacPac/Big Hand Create, DocXTools, and Adobe Pro.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and development of legal documentation.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and independently, with direction provided to complete complex tasks.
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Strong problem-solving capability and resiliency.
- Customer-focused orientation, comfort with systems and processes, ability to handle change positively, and comfort in taking direction and work assignments from peers.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise judgment and work independently.
- Must have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and be highly organized.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of administrative or law firm experience is preferred.
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be found here.
This position may be filled in the following location(s). The compensation depends on qualifications and experience.
Colorado compensation range: $44,190 to $62,890 annually
Washington State compensation range: $46,610 to $66,340 annually