Trademark Docketing Specialist
At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service and who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals.
Process incoming trademark/copyright mail for all offices that handle trademark/copyright prosecution and enter necessary dates/deadlines into the docketing system ensuring accurate and timely entry of relevant information.
These essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Monitor Trademark/Copyright Group’s centralized docket email folder for receipt of docketing requests and United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) correspondence. Coordinate with those who send entries as needed.
- Review weekly docket reports to ensure accuracy.
- Generate weekly reports, including final due date reports from PattsyWave. Email reports to attorneys and paralegals, as appropriate.
- Run status check query report and update appropriate records.
- Update docket records in the event of attorney or staff departures.
- Removal of completed items verified through Trademark Status & Document Retrieval (TSDR) and enter missing or updated information through TSDR.
- Monitor client closures and perform docket system clean-up of related entries as appropriate.
- Process incoming lateral attorney-client files, including putting files into standard trademark format and uploading/entering dates into our system.
- Work with Supervisors and Managers to troubleshoot and resolve docket concerns and issues when called upon.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- To comply with Export Control laws, candidates must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents to apply.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment, with superb attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of firm personnel. Familiarity with USPTO rules and the trademark lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, and Access a plus.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills needed for this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires an AA degree and 4 years of related database/docketing experience or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience with computerized docketing systems.
- Demonstrated experience in applying rules and regulations in a detail-oriented position.
- Experience in a law firm preferred.
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be found here.
This position may be filled in the following location(s). The compensation depends on qualifications and experience.
Washington State compensation range: $69,100 to $102,670 annually