Technology Service Analyst
At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service and who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals.
Perkins Coie has an immediate opening for a Technology Service Analyst to serve as a member of the Service Desk team, which processes and resolves incoming user support issues and questions in a timely manner; and helps perform administration and maintenance duties for the firm’s systems infrastructure; and installs, moves, changes, and removes hardware and software within the local offices. This position provides an exceptional level of customer support as well as project, conference, and other assistance as needed.
These essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Will require occasional travel to our Madison, WI office; approximately 4-6 times per year.
- Be competent in setting up AV support with MS Teams, WebEx, and other enterprise web-conferencing tools.
- Perform imaging and set up software/hardware for new hires and contract workers.
- Quickly resolve end-user issues that come into the group over the phone, through e-mail, or through face-to-face interactions.
- Provide status and communicate incident resolution to users.
- Track issues and document troubleshooting efforts using a ticketing system.
- Escalate issues as appropriate, and manage queues as assigned.
- Clearly document user requests and issues in tickets and draft Knowledge Base articles as appropriate.
- Monitor basic functions to verify the health of systems.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 within a professional services organization.
- Knowledge and support of Apple MacBooks and Mac OS.
- Knowledge and support of various mobile email devices (iOS, Android, Windows phone, etc.).
- Knowledge of hardware (desktop/laptop) deployment methods using an image deployment tool (SCCM, Ghost, etc.).
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations within a technical and client service environment.
- Effective communication abilities to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology within a professional services organization.
- Ability to quickly diagnose, organize, and prioritize competing deadlines, and properly set service expectations with clients.
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to execute tasks and make decisions in a high-pressure environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires three plus years of experience in a technical support environment or equivalent.
- Solid functional knowledge of standard PC hardware and software used in office environments.
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be found here.