Security and Safety Specialist
REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
This job contributes to REI's success by ensuring the security and safety of your store team and members by providing a presence on REI property and events. Activities include but are not limited to: fostering partnerships with and training store management and staff and taking action to address shrink and security. Models and acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to proactively partner with key stakeholders at all levels
- Monitors, assesses and takes action to address physical security and safety of retail store(s) and events.
- Is engaging and has a positive attitude to all members and teams.
- Makes consistent patrols in and around retail store(s)/events, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, and unauthorized persons.
- Observes, verbally deescalates and reports incidents or suspicious activity to Asset Protection team and store management. Prepares narratives, logs, and case reports as required.
- When requested, represents REI in court.
- May support other market stores with Asset Protection services.
- Adheres to REI’s policies and procedures and ensures that such policies and procedures are implemented throughout the store.
- Assists management in the event of any emergencies.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of emergencies and provides direction or information to others.
- Participates in periodic training and subject matter updates for store team
- May create and/or execute the security strategy for special REI events.
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary.
$21.59 - $32.41 per hour