Rentals Lead - Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals - National Harbor
An Activity Center Lead contributes to REI's success by handling rental and purchase transactions and other unique customer service tasks. You ensure REI's guiding values and mission are reflected in everything you do.
How you will be successful:
- Activity Center Leads will drive our rental business by providing customers with a smooth rental experience in one of our Activity Center locations. You'll partner with peers to ensure customer needs are met.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Activity Center Operational and Administrative Duties:
- Opening and closing responsibilities, including unlocking and locking rental locations, setting up customer-facing signage, and setting up laptops and iPads.
- Ensures a smooth customer experience by staging inventory and stocking equipment. Ensures visual excellence in public spaces and rental spaces.
- Makes sure inventory, price, and stock levels are accurate.
- Reports maintenance requests, removes damaged inventory, and performs minor maintenance.
- Accurately and efficiently processes customer reservations and rental paperwork.
- Cleaning and repairing the rental equipment and facilities to a high standard. Cleaning up, sweeping, and removing trash are some of the responsibilities.
- Partner with Experience Managers to communicate goals, daily expectations, tasks, staffing needs, and feedback.
- Trains and mentors new staff, directs peers as needed, and coordinates service delivery.
- Follows Asset Protection standards and safety procedures.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external partners, REI customers, and staff.
- Serves as a role model for others by demonstrating initiative and productivity.
- Coordinates logistics with the local REI Guide team to ensure a seamless program experience.
- Experience with retail, rental facilities, or outdoor programs.
- Experience managing inventory/merchandise
- Experience working in an office
- Knowledge of outdoor education's legal and risk management issues
- Must have a valid, state-issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving background and the ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate, which includes a physical and drug screen.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds periodically for four hours
- Long-term standing ability
- Meet availability requirements, including weekends and nights.
- Experience with outdoor activities at assigned activity center. Knowledge of outdoor venues and resources in the region.
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$18.60 - $22.98 per hour