Regional Program Coord - FT
REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
How you will be successful:
- Support guides by providing guidance, mentorship, and training on program operations
- Assist with leadership and role modeling and providing feedback regarding operational expectations and performance
- Head coordination of regional programming logistics and operations
- Head/Assist coordination of permits, contracts, and agreements
- Assist regional teams in annual and quarterly program business data, inventory planning, and development
- Develop and maintain program resources and systems
- Create local venue guides and update local operating procedures
- Manage program marketing through Event Registration and work with Regional/National Business Development Managers
- Stay attuned to regional performance trends and report findings to Supervisor
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to customer inquiries
- Communicate logistics and changes to customers and guides
- Maintain a thorough expertise of rental, day, and multiday programs and services
- Perform as a Guide when assigned or on short notice
- Other support duties as assigned
Bring your passionate, authentic self
We lead with our values, and we are creating a culture that inspires and enables everyone to bring their whole self and their highest ambitions to work every day, so that we can achieve more outside together. Join us in seeking, creating and building new ways to work.
- 2+ years in program operations and/or customer service experience
- Valid in-state driver’s license with an acceptable driving background and ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate, which includes a physical and drug screen.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification (If a candidate is hired without current certifications, they must complete them within the first three months of hire.)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility in scheduling: must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Passionately participates and partners with others on one's team and across REI to achieve business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems and the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in accomplishing worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change, and influences others to change.
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$20.25 - $25.30 per hour