Bike Shop Supervisor
We are hiring a Bike Repair Shop Supervisor at the REI of Grand Rapids, MI, and we want you! This is a Full-Time, management position, starting at $23.95 - $29.90 per hour! Previous Bicycle Repair experience required.
REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
The Shop Supervisor is a key member of the store Management Team. This leader directly supervises Shop Mechanics, drives the shop program to deliver a best-in-class customer experience, and is responsible for delivering shop business results and achieving service goals. This role is directly responsible for building and leading the shop team, shop production management, shop facilities management, shop workforce management and completing production shop work to REI quality and productivity standards. The Shop Supervisor partners closely with the Store Manager and Regional Shop Specialist to develop and deploy store level shop strategy and tactics.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Partner with the Store Manager to build accountability for driving business objectives of employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and promoting co-op membership through leading the customer and employee experience in shop service.
- Proactively recruit and hire (internal and external) talent to maintain appropriate levels of trained employees to meet shop business need.
- Train, certify, and build an engaged team of technicians to carry out shop service functions and provide excellent customer service. Coordinate production, manage throughput, and execute shop service work to meet customer demand and REI expectations.
- Write a shop staff schedule, with consideration of labor guidance, that supports the current business trends andneeds, and maximizes service across operating hours.
- Identify and implement ways to improve the shop customer experience and shop workflow by continuously increasing productivity while maintaining or improving quality.
- Manage risk to REI by ensuring all shop employees are trained and certified to the level of work they perform and ensure all work meets REI and manufacturer quality and safety specifications.
- Build a diverse technical workforce and ensure an inclusive environment for shop employees.
- Demonstrate initiative and productivity, lead Shop Mechanics, Service Advisors, and store staff.
- Support REI’s shop and membership programs by understanding, advocating for, and implementing business initiatives.
- Evaluate Shop Mechanic job performance and deliver timely check ins/reviews.
- Model quality shop service work and productive work behaviors. Conduct regular audits/quality control checks of
- 2-4 years retail management experience preferred
- 2-4 years previous bike and/or snow sports shop experience or equivalent/transferrable skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to lead, train, motivate and develop staff
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer services
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$23.95 - $29.90 per hour