Large Store Manager
REI Co-op is united around discovering, building and celebrating better ways of working in this world, all so that folks can find and pursue a love of the outdoors. When you work for the co-op, you do your best work with the support to live your best life. And you play a part in shaping the future of the outdoors, for people and our planet.
Our team seeks a Store Manager who will drive daily operations of the store. You will manage a retail profit center of $5-$30 million in sales volume! You'll create and reinforce sales culture within the store. You ensure that service is prompt and customer expectations are met. You’ll boldly guide teams through change. With your help, Department Managers and Shop Service Managers develop staff to reach sales and service goals. You fulfill REI’s vision of educating, inspiring and outfitting our customers for a lifetime of outdoor experiences and stewardship. Ready to discover better with us?
Responsibilities and Qualifications
How you will be successful:
- Develop and achieve short and long-term retail plans.
- Manage and delegate planned priorities to Sales Managers and Shop Service Managers.
- Create a positive employee experience focused on engagement and retention.
- Use store reports to identify strategies for improving metrics.
- Oversee store's profitability and financial budgeting.
- Monitor inventory levels, facilities, and other assets.
- Engage in local organizations and community events.
- Inspire a customer-centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team.
- Develop top performers and evaluate performance.
- Builds teams through effective employee development, involvement, and communication.
Bring your passionate, authentic self
We lead with our values, and we are creating a culture that inspires and enables everyone to bring their whole self and their highest ambitions to work every day so that we can achieve more outside together. Join us in seeking, creating, and building new ways to work.
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience (preferred)
- Enjoys communicating and building relationships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Open to feedback and other viewpoints in the spirit of supporting the business.
- Uses business understanding, innovative thinking, and sound judgment to solve problems.
- Makes solid recommendations by combining information from various sources.
- Produces quality work by setting effective goals and establishing priorities.
- Organizes and uses resources to meet deadlines, keeps others in the loop about plans and progress.
- Engages and influences others to accomplish worthwhile organizational goals.
At REI, we believe the outdoors is for all. We are committed to becoming a fully inclusive, anti-racist, multicultural organization. We know that there's strength in our diversity – that each employee brings unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. Every day you are driving change, fostering a culture of respect, and knowing you're backed by benefits that support your whole life. To work towards this commitment and fulfill our brand promise of inspiring and enabling a life outside for everyone, we seek employees who demonstrate different ways of working, create a sense of belonging, and actively listen and learn.
We are committed to practices that promote pay equity and transparency. As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
REI offers all regular employees a generous employee discount, access to health benefits, a retirement savings plan and accrued time off. Click here for a detailed overview of benefits plans by employee profile.
$111,945.60 - $139,900.80 per year