Account Manager Eastern Switzerland (icebreaker & Smartwool)
Icebreaker and Smartwool are looking for an exceptional Account Manager - Eastern Switzerland to join our Sales team EMEA.
Let’s Talk about the Role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, Switzerland and Italy Sales, you will directly manage and develop the Independent, Lifestyle, Sporting Goods and Outdoor Account channel’s strategic accounts for the assigned categories of business in the Eastern Switzerland while ensuring that the strong brand equity of Icebreaker and Smartwool are maintained.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Work with Sales Manager to develop sales strategies by account.
- Manage sell-in process by adhering to account proposals to maximize full price selling and margin.
- Achieve mutually agreed upon annual sales targets including both the top-line results and specific product segmentation strategy that drive maximum channel profitability.
- Provide detailed sales analysis that accurately reflect demand in the marketplace.
- Effectively launch the new season by ensuring stores look great (fully stocked, VM’d, and POS up) and store staff are buzzed (Pure Genius training)
- Ensure Icebreaker and Smartwool inventory flows effectively and responsibly through the Swiss Outdoor, Sporting Goods, Lifestyle and Independent market by working with key operational stakeholders internally.
- Implement the right Icebreaker and Smartwool product assortment within strategic accounts and the greater Outdoor, Sporting Goods, Lifestyle and Independent channel so that it aligns with the appropriate in-store experience.
- Maintain account plans that are aligned to deliver and support brand sales directions and merchandising strategies.
- Use an effective, consultative approach to providing insight-based solutions to strategic accounts that establish Icebreaker and Smartwool as world class partners in the trade.
- Build insightful and influential brand ambassadors within strategic accounts to help identify opportunities and deliver a best in class Icebreaker experience at retail.
- Utilize understanding of industry trends, market/competitor data to develop account and business plans.
- Partner with marketing and brand experience on in store events and marketing campaigns.
- Fully understand the customer’s needs and decision making process to create win-win solutions.
Skills for Success
- Solid knowledge of the Outdoor and Independent retail landscape in Switzerland
- Equivalent of 2-3 years’ sales/marketing account management experience, ideally for an outdoor apparel wholesaler
- Outstanding customer service standards
- Proven revenue delivery
- Proficiency in Swiss German and English
- Exceptional relationship building & management skills and motivation to meet targets
- Proven analytical skills, and a high level of commercial acumen and sound judgment
- Great time-management, able to multi-task and to prioritize to meet deadlines
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brands
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and know when to seek guidance
- Willingness to travel throughout Switzerland and capacity to spend up to 25% of time on the road
A University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Relevant Subjects (e.g. Bachelor of Commerce or Business) is required.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
This post is not eligible for relocation support.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!