Outride Research Specialist
Specialized Bicycle Components
Do you ever wonder how cycling can impact our social, emotional, and cognitive health? Do you have a curious mind and strong research aptitude? Can you motivate others to work on a great cause? If you answered 'yes' to these questions then we want to talk to you!
Outride provides research, cycling programs, and funding to empower all people to experience the social, emotional, and cognitive benefits of cycling. Research is foundational to what we do at Outride. Through both institutional and applied research, we conduct, collaborate, and fund research focused on how cycling impacts how we think, how we feel and how we behave, with a strong interest in the effects of cycling on the brain across the lifespan. We are searching for a research and data whiz and all-around effective project manager to join our team as the Outride Research and Evaluation specialist! Under guidance of the Senior Research Manager, the Research and Evaluation Specialist at Outride will support all of Outride’s research and evaluation initiatives.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Assist in designing and carrying out research and evaluation studies, including the development and maintenance of IRB protocols
- Manage relationships and coordination with partner schools and organizations and academic institutions
- Coordinate and streamline program data collection and reporting
- Produce reports and dashboards to communicate findings
- Support with survey design and management, statistical analysis and summarizing results
- Assist with writing white papers and manuscripts; conference submissions
- Manage grant disbursement and tracking of research supported by Outride
- Support grant writing and funding development
- Collaborate with marketing manager to create briefs and one-pagers to communicate scientific findings to the general public
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Experience with any / all of the following is preferred, but not required: R, Qualtrics, Salesforce, Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), Survey Monkey Apply
- At least 2 years of research experience preferred
- Masters degree in neuroscience, psychology, education, public health or related field a plus but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust project management skills, delivering project plans and contingency planning, strong skill in multitasking overseeing numerous projects.
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently and effectively, leading by energizing others and encouraging collaboration
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Experience with writing grants and IRB protocols
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Independent thinker and leader, able to take high level guidance, develop a plan with milestones, and deliver measured results on time.
- Strong interest and passion for cycling and fitness, children and education. Being a rider of any level NOT required.
Below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in the following locations:
California Base Pay Range: $55,228 - $91,126
TELL ME MORE
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount. For additional information on benefits and perks, please visit here
- Travel to events may occasionally be required
- Hybrid; onsite in Morgan Hill 3 days / week preferred
To be successful, you must be highly detailed-oriented and excel at project management, able to thrive in a fast-paced, growing, dynamic, learning organization. You demonstrate sound judgment and steward trusted relationships through deep listening to and respect for our community partners and their work.