People and Culture Director- Europe
Specialized Bicycle Components
Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
We are looking for a regional Director of People and Culture (P&C) to work alongside our Chief People and Culture Officer (CPCO) and the regional P&C leadership team to ensure short-term goals are achieved while building the foundation for long-term growth. They are responsible for streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing P&C program management, and working cross-functionally across the assigned region(s) to communicate objectives. The ideal candidate will have experience in regional P&C leadership, cross-functional collaboration and will bring strategic thinking and project management skills. They can demonstrate strategic and leadership abilities together with the ability to be operational and “roll up your sleeves” in a fast-moving environment. They are a key member of the P&C global leadership team in building Specialized's people strategy roadmap and upskilling the P&C capabilities at Specialized.
How you will make a difference
- Partner with the CPCO to drive and track progress on the P&C roadmap with the overall P&C community.
- Design, build, and lead the execution of cross functional strategic initiatives with senior business and P&C leaders.
- Act as a trusted advisor- coaching and collaborating with regional P&C leadership, business stakeholders, operations, and several cross-functional teams on areas such as talent assessment/management, engagement, succession planning, people development and high-performing team building
- Oversee the training, development and mentoring of P&C local teams to allow them to provide world class P&C support to their business partners.
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive transformation and capability building in the region
- Lead both ad hoc and strategic projects
- Work with key stakeholders on the design and implementation Specialized's people strategy for region (e.g. owned retail teams and product teams in the EU)
What you need to win
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field of study (or equivalent work experience) required.
- 10+ years of successful experience in a regional P&C leadership role in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- At least 3 years of experience building and leading high-performing, highly engaged teams and developing top talent at individual contributor and leadership levels
- Expertise in developing and delivering meaningful P&C data insights, analytics, and narratives to inform leadership decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading significant change initiatives - effective communication and influencing skills at all organizational levels (including c-suite), bias for action, project management expertise
- Ability to structure and prioritize a team’s work and focus efforts in a sometimes-ambiguous work environment
- Executive presence and ability to influence the broader organization
- Deliver results as a change agent
- Manage complex data and business analyses to make clear recommendations that drive strategic decisions.
- Practice discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Location: Cham/Hünenberg or one of our market areas in Europe.
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward.