Customer Care Associate (Seasonal)
tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
Who are we looking for?
With a goal to provide the best service to our amazing customers during our busy holiday season, we are looking to add high energy, detail-oriented individuals to our Customer Care team. As a Customer Care Associate, you will be responsible for building long-lasting connections with our customers by addressing their needs and providing meaningful solutions in a timely manner. Our ideal candidate is someone who is personable, empathetic, collaborative, and dedicated to creating positive outcomes. This is a 4-month seasonal role. We are hiring two (2) candidates - one full time with an expectation of 40 hours per week and one part time with a minimum of 16 hours guaranteed and the ability to flex up to 40 hours during peak season. Availability to work on weekends is required. There is potential for one role to transition into a full-time permanent position.
The hourly rate for this role is $20.50 per hour. The contract begins October 2nd 2023 and ends on January 31st, 2024.
What will you be doing?
- You will provide an outstanding customer experience through email
- You will practice active listening to identify and acknowledge customer concerns and provide appropriate solutions to avoid escalations
- You will process order changes, manage out-of-stocks, create and authorize returns, in addition to other various tasks as required to ensure smooth operations within Customer Care
- You will educate our customers about tentree products, materials, manufacturing practices, tree planting, and other sustainability initiatives
- You will work closely with our warehouse partners to coordinate order processes and shipments, as well as initiate investigations with shipping carriers for lost or damaged parcels
- You will be proactive in identifying areas for improvement and collaborate with team members across departments to retain existing customers
- You will assist with other administrative tasks as required
- 1+ years of relevant customer service experience
- Knowledge of e-commerce based platforms such as Gladly, Shopify, and Netsuite is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously or within a collaborative team environment
- High degree of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with a personable and high energy approach to problem solving
- Availability to work on weekends is required
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset
- Passionate about sustainability and eager to learn more about it
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee discounts
tentree is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.