tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
Who are we looking for?
As the tentree Copywriter, you are a persuasive and creative storyteller inspired by sustainability and environmentalism. You are responsible for creating meaningful short and long-form creative copy for a variety of channels such as digital, print, retail and promotional materials that connect with our consumers in meaningful and relevant ways to inspire and motivate them to wear their impact. As a member of the Creative Team reporting to tentree’s Art Director, you help to ideate and bring new ideas to life from product launches, seasonal campaigns, and impact stories to help make restoring the planet simple.
What will you be doing?
- You will bring tentree’s brand to the world through written communications that resonate and inspire consumers to join our community of change-makers.
- You will write, edit and review/proof work for multiple channels including, but not limited to, email, social, product, website, blogs, video scripts and in-store, while applying your understanding of the unique strengths and limitations of each medium.
- As a product expert from fabrics to functional detail to sustainable attributes, you will write/edit product descriptions for e-comm and other assigned projects such as catalogues.
- You will work alongside Brand Marketing peers to create headlines and copy that supports and delivers on campaign concepts and key messages.
- You will contribute to the creative ideation of assigned brand campaigns, marketing projects and impact stories in collaboration with a cross-functional team such as, but not limited to, Marketing, Social, Design and Retail.
- You will develop product knowledge documents for distributors, retailers and other key stakeholders as well as restorative and sustainability report writing/editing, as assigned.
- You will proofread content written by team members and external contributors to ensure it is error free and resonates with brand voice.
- You will work with the Creative and Marketing leads to ensure all copy is accurate before being released.
- You will help to champion high creative standards through the lens of copy.
- You will adhere to tight deadlines and last-minute changes as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of copywriting experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing creative concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in writing advertising/promotional copy (e.g. digital, print), brand messaging, web copy, blogs, social and other marketing collateral.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and information so consumers not only understand but are excited and motivated.
- Experience with the creation of marketing materials from concept to production.
- Experience writing longer editorial pieces as well as conducting interviews for stories.
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Ability to effectively manage time and establish clear day-to-day priorities in a fast-paced work environment with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work on several projects throughout the day across multiple channels with tight deadlines.
- You bring an energetic, enthusiastic, motivated and open-minded attitude.
- Strong conceptual abilities, remarkable writing skills and a solid knowledge of branding.
- Presentation skills to communicate a clear vision and strategy.
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of a larger team.
- A hunger to take on new challenges, grow and learn each day.
- Curious and autonomous, capable of asking questions and taking accountability for getting your projects across the line.
- Experience working for a lifestyle, direct-to-consumer brand is a bonus.
- Extended healthcare plan
- Generous paid days off
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee discounts
- Discretionary bonus
A typical hiring range for this position is $55,000 - $68,000 CAD per year with the final salary offer based on your qualifications, job-related skills, and relevant experience. In addition, tentree's total rewards offering also includes comprehensive benefits, inclusion in our bonus program, a certified inspiring workplace, and exclusive perks to reward your exceptional performance and contributions.
tentree is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.