Sourcing & Production Coordinator - Apparel - (Parental Leave Contract)
tentree is a lifestyle apparel company based out of Vancouver, Canada that plants ten trees for every item purchased. By combining social and environmental consciousness with apparel, we empower our customers to have a direct impact on saving the planet through intentional purchasing.
Who are we looking for?
The Sourcing & Production Coordinator is the key liaison between manufacturing partners and tentree’s internal teams. They work cross functionally to ensure tentree’s margin targets are met and production is booked, manufactured, and delivered according to tentree’s Go-To-Market calendar, approved product specifications, sustainability and social compliance requirements, and Purchase Order terms. Additionally, they participate in new supplier sourcing and validating, coordinate on-boarding, resolve production and delivery issues, and conduct annual supplier performance reviews.
As the key contact, they are the eyes and ears of our compliance teams and are responsible for reporting any concerns regarding environmental or social non-compliances. This position requires prior experience working in a similar role within the apparel and textile industry. Understanding of go-to-market calendars, manufacturing processes, critical paths and product costing are essential. This is a one (1) year employment contract.
What will you be doing?
- You will manage daily supplier communication (emails, video calls, etc).
- You will resolve production and delivery issues.
- You will ensure GTM milestones are adhered to.
- You will connect cross-functionally (Development, Finance, etc.) as needed to resolve suppliers' needs.
- You will monitor supplier's T&A and communicate changes or upcoming deadlines appropriately.
- You will track and report on supplier performance, create score cards and conduct annual reviews.
- You will collect and maintain supplier profile details as well as sustainability and CSR data in PLM system.
- You will update and maintain PO data management and Material traceability systems as needed.
Internal Cross-Functional Duties
- You will work with Finance on any payments, credit notes, liabilities.
- You will work with Development and Material teams to prevent and/or resolve quality-related and supply issues.
- You will communicate to Sales Operations delivery or fulfillment issues (shortages, etc).
- You will work closely with Production Assistants in ensuring PO-related data, systems and reports are timely and accurate.
- You will stay on top of GTM calendars and work pro-actively with all stakeholders to ensure Sourcing & Production deadlines are met.
Costs & Margins
- You will be responsible for meeting overall cost and margin targets for the accounts being overseen.
- You will work closely with costing coordinator in resolving key cost variances or missed targets.
- You will present and negotiate major cost saving opportunities and/or volume discounts as needed.
- You will support compliance teams in collecting, reviewing, and filing key documentation such as material test reports, fibre transaction certificates, HIGG FEM assessments, and social audit reports.
- You will support the Sourcing & Production Manager in seasonal production allocation, material greige forecasting, and MOQ/MCQ review on final buys.
- You will participate as requested by Deptartment Lead in special projects to improve departmental processes, systems, tools, and SOPs.
- You will keep abreast of industry news and develop or maintain industry network
- You will support in new supplier evaluation, selection, and onboarding, ensuring contractual documentation is properly filled and filed.
- You will travel to suppliers as needed to conduct factory visits.
- 4-6 years in a coordinating role within the sourcing or production departments.
- Experience in product costing, production planning and supplier relationship management.
- Experience working cross functionally and within multiple seasons following a Go-To-Market calendar cadence.
- Experience travelling to manufacturing sites and working within different cultural environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills and comfortable making decisions
- Proficient with MS Office tools, Google Docs, PLM, ERP or similar product data management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable with changes and with working in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough, diligent and enjoys thinking outside of the box.
- Passionate about sustainability or eager to learn more about it.
- Extended healthcare plan
- Generous paid days off
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee discounts
- Discretionary bonus
A typical hiring range for this position is $55,000 - $69,000 CAD per year with the final salary offer based on your qualifications, job-related skills, and relevant experience. In addition, tentree's total rewards offering also includes comprehensive benefits, inclusion in our bonus program, a certified inspiring workplace, and exclusive perks to reward your exceptional performance and contributions.
tentree is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.