Inside Sales Representative
Thousand is an urban cycling brand that makes safety seamless: starting with a bike helmet you actually want to wear. We have a big vision for the future, with a goal of becoming the #1 “tools for urban travelers” brand in the next 5 years.
We are looking for a self motivated and service oriented Inside Sales Rep to grow Thousand’s Speciality channel. This person will be responsible for achieving and surpassing sales and customer service goals for assigned regions. In this role you will focus on daily order management, customer relations, and gathering and analyzing information necessary to ensure industry leading customer service for our valued retail partners. Being a self-starter is critical, as this person will work directly with our Sales Management team and other departments to support our go to market strategies for a variety of retail customers.
What You'll Do
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets, by understanding customers' needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Create and nurture strong relationships with retail customers, outside sales representation and end users.
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Answering potential customers' questions and sending additional information per email.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Researching and qualifying new leads.
- • Organize and maintain daily detailed customer contact notes and information in CRM system.
- • Develop follow up and call back schedule with customers
- Increase sales and order size through offering promotional opportunities, up-selling, cross selling, substitute/complementary product suggestion and thorough involvement in seasonal programs.
- Obtain and monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
Who You Are:
- 1+ years of experience in sales
- A self starter who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves to meet sales goals and customer service requests
- Strong organizational and project management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A relationship builder, with a positive attitude with a desire to support our customers and get things done
Why work for Thousand?
Thousand is a hybrid work model. You can opt to work from home, or book a conference room or hot desk to meet with your team and/or do individual work (dogs welcomed)! To keep our team connected, we host monthly team gatherings, off-sites, and regular team bonding activities. With this model, you get the community that comes from working with a team and the flexibility that comes from working remotely.
We operate by the following values:
We’re All In This Together
Collaboration, community and genuine connection are core to who we are. We believe in supporting each other and leaning on others when we need help. Together, we will go further.
There’s Nothing More Valuable Than Our Differences
We believe diversity in backgrounds, identities, and opinions get us better, more inclusive solutions - faster
Driven to Deliver Results
From developing products to supporting customers, our priority is producing work that creates impact for our community.
Made with the Future in Mind
As a business, we are committed to sustainability. We are actively and strategically building a business for the long term, with the 3Ps - people, planet and profit - as our core pillars.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, $250 per month stipend to pick your own coverage
- 401K program with $500 match
- A $1,000 annual donation towards the non profit of your choice (1% for the planet)
- Life Insurance and access to EAP program
- Regular team building activities and trips (e.g. DisneyLand!)
- Free cycling gear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- Flexibility with working from the office or working from home
- Working alongside a small group of hardworking, fun-loving, and supportive team