The North Face: Senior Footwear Designer, Equipment & Accessories (Collabs & Energy)
Join the North Face Family
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve.
As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
Position: Senior Designer, Footwear, Equipment, and Accessories – Collabs + Energy
How You Will Make a Difference
As a member of the Collabs + Energy team, the Senior Designer – Footwear, Equipment, and Accessories will work closely with the Collabs + Energy Design Director and Design team, Materials Manager, Technical Development team, and Product team. You will contribute to overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines, anchored in innovative technical solutions. You are comfortable designing footwear, equipment, and accessories (hardgoods) around coherent themes, functions, prices, etc. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the product design process, designing, creation/cocreation, sketching, building and commenting on proto types, combining all necessary trend, material, and market research into viable product solutions. You will also ensure that product is leading in the context of market trends as well as business strategy and company image. It will be important that you share a passion for both technical and lifestyle design and are proactive about creating designs that reflect that. You will bring a collaborative, enthusiastic, and optimistic perspective to the Collabs + Energy team.
What you will do:
- Provide design expertise to concept and develop new, innovative, brand right concepts for the brand.
- Ensure the timely execution of seasonal designs. Anticipate problems and facilitate solutions that minimize sample and production delays.
- Support the execution of departmental objectives and initiatives.
- Sketch (2D or 3D) concepts
- Build mock ups of designs
- Create fully executable technical drawings and tech packs for hand of to technical development team.
- Create solutions for men and women in both the technical and lifestyle space.
- Work closely with collaborative partners to understand their DNA in the context of The North Face’s brand position.
- Be proactive on prototyping concepts to share with the Collabs + Energy team.
- Drive comments and feedback along the prototyping process.
- Collaborate and support satellite offices for strategic initiatives and process improvements.
- Bring a point of view on material, trim, and color.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of related professional experience: 6+ years
Educational position requirements: BA or BS degree in Design (Industrial), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we expect you already know:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of footwear construction.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present concepts to product teams and review boards in a persuasive manner.
- Strong knowledge of product cycles.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic form and the ability to design with a strong brand DNA point of view.
- Knowledge of textile and material construction and properties.
- Knowledge of product costs and impact of design.
- Problem solving and shows initiative.
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on“Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?
Pay Range:$93,312.00 USD - $139,968.00 USD annually
This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our pay ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.