The North Face: Senior Copywriter (Global)
What you will do
As a member of TNF Brand Identity team, you will report into the Senior Manager, Branding and Packaging. You will drive consistency of voice across apparel, equipment and footwear categories and seasonal product communication across all channels. You will partner with Product teams, Legal, Testing, Stewardship and Sustainability to develop best-in-class copy to support business priorities and strategy. The Senior Copywriter will manage external copywriting and translation agencies.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Communicate product distinction in the marketplace by highlighting product features, benefits and technologies across all channels.
- Create and enforce the brand voice and tone for product copy including product naming, descriptions and innovative technologies.
- Spearhead global legal review and approval process for all product copy.
- Manage an external translation partner matrix to ensure copy is consistent across the globe, in all languages.
- Own global brand copy guideline standards.
- Partner with product creation teams to learn seasonal product lines and technologies to effectively craft concise product descriptions.
- Create and maintain a content database for all product copy and technologies.
- Responsible for the editing and proofreading of extensive technical content and specifications for accuracy.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 7+ years of experience in technical and creative writing experience, preferably within the Outdoor industry or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed oriented with an exceptional talent for proofreading.
- Exceptional command of the English language; additional fluency in another language is a plus, but not necessary.
- Proficiency required in Word, Excel, Acrobat and PowerPoint on MAC platform.
- Excellent collaboration skills and an ability to manage multiple timelines and deadlines.
- Proactive approach to identifying the root cause of issues, seeking the best solutions with a value driven commitment to do what is right.
- High degree of agility and adaptability
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning new tools and problem-solving.
- Passion for your work equal to your passion for getting outside and living it.
Pay Range:$83,808.00 USD - $125,712.00 USD annually
This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our pay ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.