Dickies: General Maintenance Lead - 2nd Shift
Position: Maintenance Mechanic Lead
Shift: 2nd Shift, Monday - Thursday; 7:30p.m. - 6:00a.m.
Under the direction of the Building and Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic Lead will direct and delegate work activities to the appropriate maintenance and janitorial team during their shift. This person will be required to be visible and vocal within their departments, floor time in your department with all associates is critical. Strong and respectful communication between this position and with other departments of their shifts and the Supervisors and Managers will be required.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Mechanic Lead is to direct the maintenance and janitorial associates in the safe execution of maintenance work in support of the production by performing mechanical duties on industrial equipment. The job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maximize the utilization of all maintenance resources, including people, time, and materials to ensure all preventive maintenance and unscheduled work orders are completed correctly and efficiently
- Train and lead maintenance associates in the achievement of all required tasks
- Help determine causes of and solutions for operating problems in manufacturing machinery, electrical systems/components, plumbing systems, HVAC, carpentry, electrical fixtures/switches/power sources, and mechanical hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Use blueprints, schematics, small/power tools, and electronic test equipment to perform a variety of maintenance tasks
- Lay out, build, test, troubleshoots, repair, and modify production electronic components, parts, switch panels, electronic equipment, and systems.
- Wiring and programming of electronics and control boxes with PLC programming
- Make electronic, mechanical, or electrical repairs on computer-controlled equipment
- Communicate maintenance requirements and part/supplies needed to repair equipment and keep production running efficiently
- Hold the highest level of professionalism and integrity in every action performed on behalf of Dickies
- Use good judgment whenever necessary to ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of Dickies and its associates
- Abide by company rules, policies, and procedures
- Provide clear and effective communications to all Associates, Leads, Assistant Shift Managers, and Shift Managers
- Help ensure OSHA regulations are followed and to maintain a clean, safe organized work area
- Take ownership in the success of the overall maintenance and janitorial teams on their shift
- Get a clear understanding of the day-to-day objectives from the Building and Facilities Manager & help associates to accomplish them
- Check email/respond to emails timely
- Frequent walkthrough in their department ensuring the area is always clean, any concerns are corrected, and damages are reported
- Maintain a high level of dependability, a great attitude, and an ability to work well with a team towards achieving a common goal
- Must maintain reliable and predictable good attendance
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Required skills for success:
Education and/or Experience
- 5 plus years of experience with facility conveyor and PLC control systems
- 1-2 years lead maintenance experience in manufacturing or related environment preferred
- A high level of understanding and experience diagnosing and correcting issues with of PLC, CNC or VFD programming
- Ability to read and troubleshoot PLC programming
- A general knowledge of plumbing, electrical systems/components, HVAC, carpentry, welding machinery, overhead cranes, and handheld power tools
- Experience operating forklifts, scissor lifts, and telescoping boom lifts
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Knowledge use of voltage tester and high and low voltage circuits
- Facility fire suppression and alarm system a plus
- Provide own hand tools
Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend instructions and prepare short email correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with their Manager and other departments
Must be able to perform calculations, percentages, area, circumference, volume, and math operations of addition and subtractions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Stand and/or walk during shifts between 8 to 12 hours long
- Lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, squat, twist, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch
- Climb crossover stairs and ladders
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Noise level varies and can be loud