DTC Merchandiser (Timberland EMEA)
Timberland EMEA is looking for a DTC Merchandiser to join our DTC merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying - and protecting - nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As part of the DTC merchandising team, the DTC merchandiser will be responsible for creating seasonal strategies for a specific category(ies) maximizing OTB to achieve revenues, margin, discount, and ST% targets, across main DTC channels. In this role is important to know the different nuances of the main DTC channels, in terms of Consumer & Marketplace to identify future product opportunities to be briefed to the Product Merchandising team, as well as apply commercial product management skills to create DTC relevant and profitable product assortments.
This role also requires a strong retail math background, as financials will be a critical component in building profitable assortments, increasing SKU efficiency, to ultimate drive top line revenue growth.
- Manage and develop seasonal category strategies for main DTC channels.
- Understand and analyse market trends & DTC category performance to provide feedback and category business opportunities to Regional Product Merchandising
- Plan and Deliver category hindsight/insight, MFP and Assortment Plan to Product Merchandising team to support the development of the assortment that cover DTC needs.
- Optimize category OTB to maximize revenue targets.
- Creation of profitable DTC Assortments, based on consumer environments, local needs, performance, and marketing initiatives. In the case of store environments to also consider store size, display capacity, store clusters.
- Determine optimal flow assortment to maximize revenue opportunity.
- Owns monthly buying forecast to Demand planning.
- Strives to incorporate the Timberland Purpose into all activities.
Skills for Success
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Product sensitivity and eye for market/product trends.
- Strong analytical skills and details oriented, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Positive attitude - Must be flexible and adaptive to change.
- Team player and solid interpersonal communication and problem-solving ability.
- Confident in presenting to cross functional stakeholders and to wider audience.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel and Power Point.
- Languages: Fluent English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Any additional language is a plus.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
This post is not eligible for relocation support.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!