Design Studio Assistant
DESIGN STUDIO ASSISTANT
*As of October 18, 2021, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent the need for medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions as allowed by state and local law. Further information is provided during the recruiting process.
How You Will Make a Difference
Role Summary: The Design Studio Assistant will perform administrative tasks in support of the Design and Studio departments
- Assists in biweekly sample review preparation and note taking
- Attend woven design team meetings, inclusive of: Jacket, Shirts, Pants, Special Projects and capture all notes for team recap.
- Pre-meeting preparation, inclusive of Design room, board, archive sample maintenance
- Assists with post meeting recaps & assignments
- Assists with the onboarding / offboarding of new Design employees inclusive of:
- Sending off New Hire Form for design contractors & full time employees
- Determining seating arrangements & updating the floor plans
- Adding new staff into the appropriate work channels, calendars, etc.
- Oversees payment, shipping and receiving functions in relation to design specific needs:
- Coordinates and manages the purchasing of pantone swatches & other office supplies for Design department
- Approves invoices & coordinates shipments for rented samples & their return
- Purchases design reference samples on behalf of Design & Studio when needed
- Troubleshoots customs and logistics delays to ensure timely delivery of all shipments related to the above
- Assists with travel arrangements & booking for FT designers, freelancers, and other visitors meeting senior design at the office.
- Organizes department-wide extracurricular staff events
- Assists in planning the agenda for weekly Design touchbase
- Ensures the Main Design Conference room is properly prepped & organized for meetings
- Maintains & organizes frequently used design documents such as line plans, special project groups, etc.
- Maintains talent bank of design candidate resumes and submitted trial work
- 2+ years relevant experience preferred
- Great interpersonal skills and social competency
- Professional demeanor, organized, and reliable
- Effective and skillful communication skills
- Ambition, a strong work ethic, and an earnest willingness to learn
- Results-driven attitude
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on“ Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in
Hiring Range:$26.68 USD - $33.35 USD per hour
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.