Senior Director, PR and Global Brand Communications
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Director, PR and Global Brand Communications to join our team at The North Face. Across our regions, the Communications team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds, and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, non-governmental organizations and our own employees.
In this newly created global role, you will be responsible for internal and external communication at the North Face including Global PR and reputation management, Executive Communications, Crisis Management, Social Impact and Global Social Channels management.
You will report directly to the CMO and be a thought-partner to the Marketing Leadership Team and the VF Corporation global Corporate Affairs and Communications team. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement integrated communication strategies that amplify The North Face brand and its mission.
Join The North Face Family
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives.
To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve. As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
Senior Director, PR and Global Brand Communications
How You Will Make a Difference
- Develop and execute the global brand communication strategy: Collaborate with key stakeholders to define and align brand communication objectives, ensuring consistency and alignment with The North Face brand values and a connection to VF Corporation.
- Long-Term Vision: Develop multi-year narratives inclusive of media opportunities to establish and then amplify the North Face key strategic and innovation pillars.
- Seasonal brand messaging and storytelling: You will proactively lead communications strategy and execution of our narratives to support the global map and guide the regional PR teams. This means you will craft stories that showcase our product innovation, brand voice, social impact and athlete voices and find Global opportunities to showcase the brand and drive brand awareness, engagement, and loyalty on a global scale.
- Integrate Media relevance within brand campaigns and initiatives: Early integration within the brief of global campaigns in order to ensure they will resonate with target audiences and media partners.
- Strengthen media relations: Cultivate and maintain relationships with key media outlets, influencers, and industry stakeholders, ensuring consistent media coverage and positive brand representation beyond supporting the seasonal initiatives. In this role, you will think bigger picture and identify long-term strategic opportunities.
- Monitor brand performance and reputation: Utilize data-driven insights and market research to assess the effectiveness of brand communication strategies, identify areas for improvement, and mitigate potential risks to the brand's reputation.
- Drive innovation and stay abreast of industry trends: Keep a pulse on the latest trends and emerging platforms in brand communication, constantly seeking opportunities to innovate and differentiate The North Face brand.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners: Work closely with internal teams such as marketing, product, sustainability, and retail to ensure brand messaging and initiatives are aligned across all touchpoints. Liaise with external agencies, partners, and stakeholders to maximize brand exposure and impact.
- You will be responsible for elevating The North Face agenda and leadership team in order to foster the organization’s reputation and desirability.
- This role will be the official spokesperson for the Brand and engage with media at events and other The North Face-related initiatives globally.
What success looks like:
- Must possess and Entrepreneurial spirit and Forward thinker and proactive partnership.
- Exceptional collaborative skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams, build strong relationships, and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate a clear vision and inspire others to rally behind it.
- Strong understanding of the outdoor industry and outdoor sports market, with a passion for outdoor activities and environmental stewardship.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze market trends, consumer insights, and competitor activities to inform brand strategies.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving measurable objectives and KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
- Must possess passion for creativity, innovation, and problem-solving. Leads from a place of curiosity.
- Demonstrated experience in managing media relations and building relationships with key influencers and stakeholders.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in brand communication, public relations, or a related role, preferably in the outdoor, sports, or lifestyle industry with at least 5 years in a Global PR or Comms role.
- Proven track record in developing and executing successful global brand communication strategies and campaigns.
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?
Hiring Range:$181,440.00 USD - $226,800.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Long-Term Incentive Potential: This position is eligible to participate in a Long-Term Incentive Plan. Specific details of the plan will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.