Global Product Director
Icebreaker and Smartwool are looking for an exceptional Director, Global Product to join our team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Driven by the belief that nature has the answers, we provide natural performance alternatives to synthetic-based apparel, to create a healthier and more sustainable future for our species and the planet. We're passionate about connecting people to natural alternatives.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Director, Global Product, will oversees the Product Development and Merchandising team, as well as global material innovation and costing. As a member of the Global Smartwool and icebreaker leadership team, you will provide leadership and vision to drive the product execution for icebreaker. Through excellent partnership with the global dir. of Product Smartwool, you lead the product portfolio vision enabling differentiated brand strategies and maximizing synergies.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Driving a truly global product POV leading and mentoring the brand product engine to create and deliver industry leading, consumer focused, and market relevant product proposition and creating regional capabilities focused on selecting and placing regionally and locally relevant product offering to maximize market share.
- Working with Brand/Design to deliver global product and creative vision and strategy which creates and delivers a cohesive global product range that is provides differentiation of brands and beneficial for the portfolio.
- Being accountable for delivering a pipeline of margin accretive product building blocks.
- Overseeing the successful and timely execution of product calendars and milestones in accordance to product development calendar and aligns to our go to market (GTM) strategy.
- Partnering with functional leaders in sales and marketing to be the voice of product and drive alignment.
- Leading a global product organization recruiting and developing the highest caliber of expertise product management and development. Builds the right skill set in the central global product engine as well as in the regional and local product selection with a strong collaboration with Brand/Design teams.
- Creating an innovation focused culture, capable of working cross-functionally and ensuring the product vision is reflected and executed in the marketing and distribution strategies.
- Partnering with the VF Sourcing Offices in pursuit of delivering high quality and cost optimized innovation on time and with excellence.
Skills for Success
- Multi-category and multi-region product engine leadership experience
- Ability to work in a globally scaled, regionally relevant environment
- Role model of portfolio thinking
- Connected in the outdoor and athleisure space
- Track record in delivering winning product innovation
- Proven and demonstrated strategic and creative leadership skills
- Solid financial analysis and management skills;
- Strong consumer and market focus
- Strong collaborator. Team player with functional peers in the global leadership team and foster and promote the organization’s values to achieve the organization’s mid and long-term brand and business goals
BA in Design or Business recommended; or 15+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Agility and flexibility to work in an international context across regions and associated timezones, at times requiring meeting attendance early mornings or evenings.
- International Travel is required, max 4x per year
Icebreaker and Smartwool are part of VF Corporation, a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi-brand, multi countries organization
- On-site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break-out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Relocation support is available to applicants who live more than 100 km from Stabio.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance-driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to supporting disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!