icebreaker Store Manager (Portland Touchlab, OR)
Join the icebreaker Family
Founded in 1995 in New Zealand, icebreaker is a pioneer of ethical and sustainable natural performance apparel. Now a part of the VF Corporation, icebreaker continues to challenge the status quo while championing natural, transparent, and responsible ways to do business.
icebreaker looks to nature for the answers and for innovative ways to do more with less. Working with what nature provides and adapting as nature does, icebreaker enables consumers to join a movement towards choosing natural and preserving our planet for generations to come. We are on a mission to be Plastic Free by 2023 and transition all our apparel to merino or plant-based fibers – and we are 91% of the way there! To learn more about icebreaker click here.
We’re a community of passionate, authentic, and adventurous achievers! Today, we’re a global brand with a diverse team across the Globe. We strive to celebrate those differences and create an inclusive culture where all are welcome.
• As the Store Manager, you inspire, motivate, lead, and develop a store team. You will provide strategic leadership and successfully champion business strategies and brand vision and values.
• You create an inclusive environment and set the example for customer engagement that’s aligned to brand standard and exceeds industry standards, putting the internal and external customer above all
• You will impact the business by maximizing store profitability by assisting in controlling expenses, protecting company assets, and by ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, operations, sustainability, and community participation are consistent and well executed
How You Will Make a Difference
• What you will do: You will strategically lead the team in maximizing and achieving store sales goals and monitor sales progress against key targets. You model and foster a consumer centric mindset within the store, and model selling behaviors through genuine interactions with consumers. You recruit high caliber, diverse talent, and maintain a strong succession plan within your store. You provide direct coaching, feedback, training and supervision of the team.
• How you will do it: By consistently demonstrating clear communication, training and coaching the team, you set expectations for customer engagement, store policies and procedures as well as hiring and building a high performing team. You manage expenses to maximize sales and profitability. You lead an environment of productivity by ensuring the team has the knowledge and skills to meet store goals for sales and customer engagement. You collaborate with your partners to identify trends and translate strategies into action.
• What success looks like: You and your team successfully meet and exceed sales results and business goals, while coaching and developing the team. You foster an inclusive store environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. You create great consumer experiences in all situations, leading by example.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional/Retail Experience: 3+ years preferred; 2-3 years preferred retail management experience
Educational Position Requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in you, your experience and achievements.
Physical Requirements: Standing required for entire work shift. Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds (as needed).
• What we expect you already know: Ability to meet business goals by driving results through store teams, how to coach and motivate a team to excel at sales & profit results, proven communication skills, being solution oriented and ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
• What we will teach you: How to continually develop and lead a customer centric mindset and team, how to create and achieve aspirational goals for your team, elevate your ability to coach to meet and exceed sales goals, and how to lead and work as a part of a successful leadership team.
• VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial wellbeing for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
Hiring Range:$65,520.00 USD - $81,900.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. Although all positions have a hiring range based upon market data, this position has a minimum starting rate that is listed above. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.