The North Face: Associate Merchandiser, Outdoor Specialty
Join The North Face Family
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives.
To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve. As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
Position: Associate Merchandiser, Outdoor Specialty
How You Will Make a Difference
The North Face has an amazing opportunity within the Americas Merchandising Team for an Associate Merchandiser to drive our seasonal collections in the Outdoor Specialty channel.
Partnering with the sales and product teams, you will support the overall merchandising strategic direction for your wholesale channel through assortment management. You need to be passionate about product, the outdoor and lifestyle marketplace, embody curiosity, be able to react quickly, and thrive in a team environment.
As Associate Merchandiser, you will assist with merchandise planning and placement for specific product categories to ensure The North Face has the right product, in the right place, at the right time. You will manage select business areas and coordinate opportunities and checkpoints with your channel sales teams, to support the overall assortment strategy set by your Sr. Merchandiser. Strategy and range assortment development is imperative to meet the financial objectives of the account and build relevant, consumer-led, insight informed, seasonal product.
What You Will Do:
· Identify key market and consumer trends/patterns within your channel, build and maintain seasonal assortments, and behave as a link between Category Merchandising and Account Sales partners to ensure the line reflects the channel business and customer needs.
· Work closely with the Sr. Merchandiser to build financial and assortment plans and checkpoints to execute the brand and channel strategy.
· Identify category and franchise opportunities. Analyze product performance metrics, sell-through and style productivity and leverage that to influence future assortment direction.
· Engage in Go-to-Market (GTM) process during key milestones and apply current selling insights and channel trend knowledge to support future line architecture and growth through briefing, forecasting and assortment education
· Support overall channel strategy with tool creation, hindsighting and reporting development to communicate business performance and product opportunities to management and key cross-functional partners
· Spend time in channel retail environments connecting with cross functional teams, brand partners and customers to gather competitive and consumer insights.
· Accountable for setting and meeting personal goals and supporting the implementation of the strategic vision and product framework
We are looking for a real team player who brings resourcefulness, creativity, and positive energy. The North Face Merchandising team is dynamic, strong, and creative, and we are looking for team members who are motivated by opportunities to push The North Face forward.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skill for Success
Years of related professional experience: 1+ years of related experience preferred
Educational position requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
· Knowledge of the Americas Marketplace and an understanding of the outdoor specialty industry and its consumers
· Interest in marketplace trends within the outdoor environment for Equipment, Footwear and Accessories.
· Strong qualitative/analytical skills and an understanding of retail math and reporting
· A curiosity and passion for product and the ability to obsess the needs of the consumer
· Clear and direct communicator, organized, detail oriented and a solution seeker
· Ability to work in a team-based environment with cross-functional partners.
· Computer proficiency, including specific job-required applications. Microsoft Office intermediate skills.
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage responsibilities & tasks as directed by merchandising leaders.
· Must be flexible and adaptive to change.
· Languages: Excellent English communication.
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?
Hiring Range:$57,888.00 USD - $72,360.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
At VF, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. VF will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.