Brand Manager, PUR
Join our Beauty & Wellness Team at Helen of Troy as our Brand Manager (hybrid work onsite and from home), and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands; Honeywell, PUR, Braun, and Vicks. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
Look around your home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
What you will be doing:
This person manages the Water Filtration product category reporting to the Marketing Director. The Brand Manager should be in touch with the constantly evolving Water Filtration market and help to drive organizational activity to maintain market leadership and drive continuous growth.
- Develop and lead all aspects of execution of category strategy and plans, including marketing plans, business plans, sales strategies, and action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define objectives, goals, strategies, measures, schedules, and action assignments.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of the omnichannel customers as well as the end consumer and drive execution of the strategy to deliver solutions.
- Collaborate with the Product Development Team to establish a rolling 3- year “pipeline” of qualified new products and drive new product development from concept to cradle.
- Develop and translate consumer and market insights to drive innovation. Some initiatives may require handling the appropriate levels of consumer research, product testing and analysis to validate each new product for the market.
- Responsible for working with cross functional team to develop and implement a new product launch plan including sell in materials, packaging and ecommerce support materials, and a comprehensive outstanding consumer experience support plan.
- Rationalize existing product lines assuring each SKU is profitable and has a “reason for being” is accurately positioned and develop a departure plan with sales if needed.
- Monitor movement, market share by using POS from key accounts as well as Nielsen, Traqline, NPD and Profitero.
- Responsible for publishing all monthly analysis reports as requested by management. Conduct store checks and evaluate competitive product offerings to gain/maintain a knowledge of marketplace activities and communicate their findings and insights to the sales and management team.
- Work closely with Sales to drive the outstanding customer support and account planning. This includes facilitating the selling process, including retailer strategy, pricing analysis, development of power point presentations, relevant market data, samples, and artwork.
- Maintain brand positioning and equity across all materials including writing copy and giving direction on packaging, product detail pages, manuals, website, POP § materials, coupons, how to and features videos, and DTC material.
- Coordinate with Creative, Digital, and agency teams to advise playbook of consumer communication, growth marketing, digital experience and DTC ecommerce activities in support category portfolio strategies and results.
- Develop and drive marketing commercial initiatives (both digital and traditional) and public relations activity management.
- Develop annual sales forecast via a 3-year building block category plan and work with the Demand Planning Analyst and Sales to provide input on the on-going product demand to ensure an accurate forecast.
- Work with the Supply Planning Team to establish inventory coverage targets and ensure coverage targets are being maintained.
- Work with Program Managers, Regulatory and Legal to acquire and maintain documentation to support all claims and align with internal document control processes.
- Conduct market research as needed to support the category. Establish research objectives, write the research briefs, and handle internal and external resources to conduct research and communicate results as needed.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Experience and skill in presenting ideas, strategy, and plans to executive team and external collaborators
- Demonstrate accountability of assigned responsibility (ownership)
- Strong project and time management skills, able to lead and able to prioritize projects simultaneously
- Able to develop marketing solutions and strategies based on consumer insights and forward-thinking
- BS or BA Degree
- 5 + years marketing experience in the consumer durables/products arena
- Experience in new product development track record that includes roadmap planning and innovation
- Packaging and digital asset development experience
- Proficient with analytical skills with the ability to solve problems
- Excellent understanding of costing/pricing financial analysis and P & L management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skills, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.