Join our Logistics & Distribution Team at Helen of Troy as our Wave Planner and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands, including our 9 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Osprey, Honeywell, PUR, Braun, Vicks, Hot Tools, Drybar. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
Look around your home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be responsible for allocating orders, releasing work to the warehouse floor, balancing workflow, and ensuring inbound and outbound truck turn times are within acceptable levels to meet customer needs. You will assign and monitor the work including staging, wave times and pick assignments for various teammates.
Wave Planner Key Responsibilities:
- Assign and monitor distribution including staging, wave times and pick assignments for various teammates.
- Balance drop dead times versus product availability.
- Ensure proper order allocation by shipment ID or shipment line depending on the load.
- Prepare trailer loading reports for all outbound loads, organizes/prioritizes the paperwork to each loader as they complete loads.
- Prioritize any inbound loads, notifying receivers if necessary.
- Receive completed paperwork for both in-bounds and outbound loads with discrepancies and finishes appointments.
- Check for any shorts that can be filled or were cut unnecessarily and any other special requests before closing out the trucks.
- Determine which doors or yard locations trailers should be positioned.
- Observe priorities of all work and manages priorities of live loads, to make sure we have prioritization of work and loads in the queue.
- Responsible for escalating any system problems.
- Assist co-workers with questions regarding picking issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Consideration:
- High school diploma or related experience
- Previous experience working in a distribution center or warehouse environment where processing of customer orders was completed, preferred.
- Computer skills including experience with a Warehouse Management system, Microsoft Office, SAP and other office equipment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting, managing multiple priorities and effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. stooping, bending, walking.
- Ability to follow the safety rules and regulations as warranted by OSHA.
- Ability to withstand warehouse settings (varying temperatures).
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.